Patient Service Representative I
Company: MARS Solutions Group
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job DescriptionMARS Solutions Group is looking for an
experienced Patient Service Representative I for a client in
Downers Grove Illinois. Our client is a well-known and highly
respected health care company seeking bright, tech-savvy talent.
Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive
employee perks.Shift 2nd Shift Requirements: Monday - Friday 2pm
-10:30pm the following week you would work 3 days Monday -Friday &
on Sat & Sunday your shift would be 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM. (Rotating
Holidays may be requiredMust Have
- Must be able to push/ pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must have High School Diploma
- Office ExperienceNice To Have
- EPICPrimary Purpose:Manages front desk responsibilities,
including greet, check-in, register walk-in patients, answer phones
and collect patient responsibility. Reviews and/or obtains
demographic and insurance information and collects patient
responsibility. Informs the patient of the organization expectation
of payment at time of service.Major Responsibilities:
- Greets and checks in patients arriving for their appointments.
Ensures patient information is complete and accurate. Collects
patient responsibility as identified in the pre-registration
- Completes the registration process on walk-in patients,
verifies and/or updates patient demographic and insurance
information if changes or additions have occurred.
- Verifies insurance benefits, obtains/calculates patient
responsibility and request payment. Communicates to patient the
organization expectation of payment at time of service.
- Identifies patients in need of financial assistance and refers
patients to Financial Advocate when necessary. Collaborates with
Financial Advocate to coordinate patient's financial resources and
responsibilities including requesting patient to sign a Financial
Obligation Form (FOF) or Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) as
- Monitors patient flow to ensure patients are cared for in the
most efficient and courteous manner. Performs visit closure,
including checking out patients, collecting additional patient
responsibility (when applicable) and providing patient with
- Schedules patient visits using guidelines established within
scheduling system. Assists with new caregiver onboarding.
- Works assigned EPIC work queues, following the department's
work flow process.
- Maintains excellent public relations with patients, families,
and clinical staff as well as demonstrates a willingness and
ability to work collaboratively with others for concise and timely
flow of information. Proactively communicates issues involving
customer service and process improvement opportunities to
- Maintains knowledge of and reference materials for Medicare,
Medicaid and third-party payer requirements, guidelines and
policies, insurance plans requiring pre-authorization/referral and
a list of current accepted insurance plans.Licensure, Registration
and/or Certification Required: None Required.Education Required:
High School Graduate.Experience Required: Typically requires 1 year
of experience in customer service or clerical/office experience,
including answering phones and assisting customers.Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand issues and
problems. Examines data and draws logical conclusions based on
- Knowledge and ability to articulate explanations of
Medicare/HIPAA/EMTALA rules and regulations and comply with updates
on insurance pre-certification requirements.
- Mathematical aptitude, effective communication skills and
critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of basic human anatomy, medical terminology and
procedures for application in the patient
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of
organization, maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
according to internal policies.
- Ability to problem solve in a high profile and high stress
area, working independently to set and meet deadlines and
- Demonstrated technical proficiency including experience with
insurance verification/eligibility tools, EPIC electronic medical
record, patient liability estimation tools, Microsoft Office,
Internet Explorer and phone technology.Physical Requirements and
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, carry, squat, and bend
frequently as well as twist, rotate, and kneel occasionally
throughout the workday.
- Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifts between
20 lbs. or more. This occurs when moving equipment and supplies and
when transporting patients and/or charts.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Must
have functional speech and hearing.
- Must be able to use hands with fine motor skills for keyboard
data entry. Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job. Must be
able to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of the
department.This job description indicates the general nature and
level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be
required to perform other related duties.About MARS Solutions
Group: MARS Solutions Group is a contingent staffing firm with
access to a wide variety of jobs at various clients across the
country. We operate with the consultant's best interests in mind
and align them with roles that match their skills, aspirations, and
interests. MARS values our relationships with consultants.
Therefore, we will stay in touch throughout the duration of the
contract to ensure the job is going well and that the role meets
their career development needs.
Keywords: MARS Solutions Group, Downers Grove , Patient Service Representative I, Sales , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!