Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Gibson Electric Co, Inc.
Gibson Electric Corp
Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
DescriptionGibson Electric Co., Inc. ("Gibson") provides a wide
range of commercial electrical construction, maintenance, repair
and retrofit, voice/data, and network and structured cabling
service within the Chicago metropolitan area of Illinois.Our
breadth of electrical and telecommunications services can meet the
needs of customers no matter what market segment they are involved
in-with special attention paid to completing projects on time and
on budget.From mission critical and sustainability projects to
riser management, prefabrication, and more Gibson Electric's proven
expertise, ISO 9001:2015 certification, comprehensive CAD
department, pre-construction division, RCDD-qualified network
designers, and Building Industry Consulting Service International-
(BICSI) certified installers help ensure clients get first-rate
service.Notably, we are the only Chicagoland electrical contractor
to be ISO 9001:2015 certified.Principal Duties and
ResponsibilitiesInclude the following. Other duties may be
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders,
subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating
input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline
estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up
- Assist during preparation of inquires and final evaluation of
submitted bid as required.
- Track awarded contracts as required - may include
estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit;
procuring materials, etc.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and
- Maintain regular communication with subsidiary executive
- Participate in special projects as needed. -Job Specifications
- Four-year engineering degree or the equivalent combinations of
technical training and/or related experience. Five to eight years
estimating cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4
years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating
techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and
accounts required. Ability to estimate all types of
project/contracts plus ability to coordinate and supervise group
work effort essential.
- Must have the ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum
supervision. Incumbent has profit/loss responsibility to the
- Knowledge of CONEST and Construct Connect estimating software
or ability to learn required.
- Working knowledge of construction contract language
- Working knowledge of electrical design, estimate packages, and
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Thorough understanding and application of industry practices,
processes, standards, and their impact on project activities
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn Outlook electronic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform against
accelerated deadlines required.Accountability and Measurement
- Partner with management and others in the department to ensure
accurate estimates are produced. Profit and loss responsibility to
the company.We offer our employees a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for
individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to
our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity
or better in Engineering or related field.
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Downers Grove , Estimator, Senior, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!