Transportation Category Manager
Company: Dover Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Purpose:The person hired into this role will contribute to
world-class implementations of supply agreements and center led
transportation activities. This person will also provide analytical
and project management support for the Transportation Team at Dover
Corporate. The individual will manage transportation supplier
relationships, act as a corporate representative of the
Transportation Team initiatives, and interact with senior and
executive management throughout the company.Scope of
- Project management of transportation initiatives from initial
opportunity assessment through supplier engagement and
- Communications of category strategies and direction to all
levels of the organization and with our customers, the OpCos
- Alliance management of key supplier partnerships and high level
- Further develop suppliers in various transportation modes to
support the Dover organization
- RFQ development to support transportation activity across
- Develop rapport and confidence of our internal customers, the
Dover OpCos, and our suppliers to enhance collaboration and improve
- Qualitative profile development and analysis (executive
summaries, exhibit creation, etc.).
- Monthly/quarterly reporting of KPI's (savings tracking, price
variances, quality, delivery, inventory).
- Lead development of Dover scorecard and metrics utilizing
- Maintain group data (agreements, project results, supplier
- Analysis and reporting to all levels of organization when
analyzing transportation mode spend across OpCos.
- Index reporting, assist with Transportation Web Site
maintenance, and communications to primary OpCo logistic leaders,
- Lead TMS activities at corporate and OpCo locations.
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis as assigned.
- Support OpCo activities related to claims and insurance.
- Abilities and Attributes:Special Position Requirements:
- Effectively communicate to all team members, multiple operating
company stakeholders, senior management, and suppliers
- Prioritize and organize workload and control detailed
complexities across multiple projects
- Develop and grow relationships with stakeholders and leadership
promoting and expanding the transportation sourcing process within
- Experience in transportation procurement, logistic and supply
chain processes, as well as knowledge in various modes of
international and domestic transportation.
- Prior Sourcing experience in a forward-looking and progressive
company. Experience with other Indirects categories is a strong
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Interest to grow in the role and to grow with Dover.
- Ability to work in a complex, matrixed, multi-national
corporate/subsidiary environmentWork Requirements:
- Up to 20% travel required, with occasional trips lasting two
- Some international travel may be required.
- Normal office environment.
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Downers Grove , Transportation Category Manager, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!