Senior EHS Analyst
Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a
Senior EHS Analyst. Position Summary: To lead the environment,
health and safety (EHS) management systems at the Drives facility
and serve as the plant expert in environmental health and Safety
systems, regulations and requirements. To lead First Aid Team, PBS
Steering Committee, Ergonomics team, and key member of the Safety
Steering Committee. To provide direction, expertise and leadership
to ensure the Drives Facility meets the minimum standard of local,
state, federal regulations and certification programs, health &
safety (OSHA, EPA, etc.) To develop and communicate the EH&S
strategy and goals as documented on the Emergency Action Plan, PEP
evaluation and other EH&S management system tools. Identify,
implement and monitor robust methodologies, programs, tools and
training modules to drive continuous EH&S improvements.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead plant efforts in achieving EH&S goals and
- Lead and facilitate teams to investigate all EH&S
significant incidents occurring in the plant using root cause
problem solving techniques to determine required corrective actions
and ensure the completion of the same.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis to identify strengths,
weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement in the Drives
EH&S management systems.
- Develop robust processes/systems that solve problems at the
root to eliminate or minimize risk.
- Develop process to maintain all necessary compliance systems
and related documentation.
- Manage the plant Precaution Based Safety (PBS) program and
oversee the PBS Team's weekly observations of safety within the
work environment. Provide analysis of concerns or highlight
- Manage plant injury incident reporting and maintain records of
injury incidents and near-misses.
- Ensure associate and first aid injury logs and medical records
are in compliance with local, state and federal EH&S
regulations and business standards and certifications.
- Participate in the investigation of injuries, near misses and
property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize
future exposure and that proper records are maintained.
- Identify and analyze plant ergonomic safety issues in order to
establish solutions to address deficiencies.
- Maintain compliance with all permits and complete internal and
regulatory reporting including data collection for but not limited
to air, storm water, and surface water discharge.
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure new projects,
expansions, or process changes are designed in compliance with
EH&S requirements and regulations and the latest EH&S
- Collaborate with the Operations, HR, Engineering, and Quality
departments to ensure tasks and production activities are performed
in accordance with Timken and Regulatory safety practices.
- Assist in overseeing and leading onboarding safety training for
new hires in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of group and individual
safety training to all associates in accordance with regulations,
concentrating on role-based/job-based training to maintain OJT
safety records and reduce future workplace injury incidents and
- Track training records for all associates (corporate, plant,
and job-specific training); enter information into appropriate
tracking systems (plant and/or Timken University).
- Track equipment safety ratings and equipment calibration
related to employee safety.
- Assist in the assessment and monitoring of site and personnel
security; partners with IT and management for site security and
- Assist with Operational Metric Analysis and Reporting. Minimum
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a plant
- Minimum of 5 years experience with OSHA, Safety & EHS Reporting
- Proven competency in root cause problem solving techniques
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written - to different
- Excellent people skills to influence associates who are not
direct reports Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferrably in Industrial Hygiene;
Environmental/Occ Health; Engineering.
- Master's Degree preferred Industrial Hygiene/ Environmental
Engineering Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- OSHA training or equivalent training required.
- Record keeping & reporting training completion is required. All
qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their
individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Senior EHS Analyst, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!