Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Lovejoy, a company within the Timken family of brands, is hiring
Maintenance Technicians. The hours for this position are 9am - 5pm.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing repair and
maintenance on equipment in a plant, along with the building and
grounds. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme
physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending,
kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. The hours
and physical demand may vary from day to day. Technical/Functional
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged
physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling,
squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward
positions and tight areas).
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
- Must be familiar with electrical PPE such as arc flash suit,
insulated gloves, and tools.
- Must have the skills to properly use voltage test
- Must have the skills to identify exposed energized electrical
components and conductors
- Must have the skills to determine the nominal voltage of
exposed energized electrical components and conductors.
- Must understand and identify the applicable approach distance
for the voltage in which they will be exposed (NFPA 70 E
- Must possess the decision making ability to determine the level
of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to safely perform the
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to obtain certificate to operate powered industrial
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to
communicate effectively and professionally with internal and
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s)
specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in welding metal fabrication,
and completion of 2 year technical training program is
- Minimum of 4 years' maintenance experience in a manufacturing
environment; All qualified applicants shall be treated equally
according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!