Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a
Multi Machine Operator.Set up and operate equipment involved in
performing operations such as Sawing, Broaching, Stamping, Drill
and Tap on items similar in nature, but varying in size by
performing the following duties: Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Sets-up and operates production machinery, and other items
similar in nature.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as
dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as
fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and determines sequence of
- Selects, positions and secures tool in tool holder (chuck,
collet or tool post),
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine
table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relations to
each other, and set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut.
- Changes holding fixtures, tools, and tool holders. Sets up
fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns handwheel to
feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Adjusts speeds and feeds
- Changes dull or broken tooling
- Load and unload parts from machinery.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil
against tool and work piece.
- Replenish coolant reservoir
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of
machined work piece to specifications. Maintains quality standards,
checking and recording dimension and or specifications as needed;
notify supervisor of any defective product or processes.
- Moves materials, parts, tool and containers.
- Notify's supervisor regarding difficulties with tool and
materials or malfunctions of equipment. Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Basic blue print reading
- Ability to read/write in English
- High school diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in the US All qualified applicants shall be
treated equally according to their individual qualifications,
abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will
be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race,
religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Multi-Machine Operator, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!