Lovejoy CNC Operator 2nd Shift - Multiple Openings
Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Lovejoy CNC Operator 2nd Shift - Multiple OpeningsLovejoy, a
business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring CNC Operators.
Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing
numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal
work pieces to specifications.
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions,
and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related
operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining
sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work
piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or
- Loads programs in machine control console or enters commands to
retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool
to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect
malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during
machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to
insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Utilizes override control to correct conditions that are out of
tolerance or operating unusually.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine
parts according to specifications when automatic programming is
faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Machines materials other than metal, such as composites,
plastic, and rubber.
- Cleans machine, tooling and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance. Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience in a shop
environment, including machining set-up, tooling design, and
machine operation; preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing
- Ability to use and/or setup varous measruing devises and
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form.
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the
highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and
unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or
move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms.
- High School Graduate or Equivalant.
- Legally authorized to work in the US. All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Lovejoy CNC Operator 2nd Shift - Multiple Openings, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!