Strategic Procurement Lead, Parts Central
Company: Dover Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Strategic Procurement Lead, Parts Central Environmental
Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands - Heil
Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and
Soft-Pak - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group
serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive
voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing
capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry
expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving
customer problems through environmentally responsible products and
providing world-class support. For more information, visit
www.doveresg.com. ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider
with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver
innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies,
aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support
services through five operating segments: Engineered Products,
Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process
Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global
scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve.
Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our
team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset,
collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is
available at---dovercorporation.com. Operating Company:
Environmental Solutions Group - Parts Central Location: Fort Payne,
AL Reports to: Purchasing Manager - Parts Central POSITION SUMMARY:
The Strategic Procurement Lead is responsible for sourcing
activities required to achieve annual growth initiatives at Parts
Central. These targeted growth projects include sourcing
competitor's parts, safety products, cost reductions, etc. This
position will also provide inventory management for local
production and spare parts fulfillment in addition to supplies. The
ideal candidate is a highly analytical, self-motivated communicator
with international experience along with the ability to apply cost
reduction strategies successfully. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sources, selects and negotiates purchases or services as well
as spot buy of non-stock items for Parts Central requirements.
- Provides information to internal customers for pricing
- Achieves cost savings goals and delivers lowest cost
alternatives for sourcing of products and services to meet business
- Manages inventory by reviewing requirements, entering purchase
orders, and changing purchase orders as required.
- Determines the need for expediting, follows up on late orders
and monitors delivery performance taking corrective action as
- Reporting activities to include monthly savings, and weekly
- Completes corporate program compliance review.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and processes supplier
- Initiates purchase parts approval process (PPAP) per standard
- May lead or supervise purchasing personal or interns.
- Other duties as assigned. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Supply Chain or
Logistics or equivalent experience.
- 5 years' experience in procurement or purchasing.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution
- Working knowledge of assigned commodity items.
- Self-motivated and possesses the ability to complete tasks
on-time and with little supervision.
- Intermediate analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel and
- Read and interpret part drawings.
- Knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction
- Material requirements planning (MRP) system and ERP purchasing
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing terminology and
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Preferred CPM/CPIM (Certified Purchasing Manager/Certified
Production Inventory Manager). DOVER COMPETENCIES: Builds and
Manages Collaborative Relationships Results Driven Strategic
Mindset KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ethics and Work
Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while
promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that
all business activities - with both internal and external customers
- to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all
participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in
writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized
reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to
understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete
information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds
promptly and positively to questions and requests. Teamwork and
Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit
of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a
commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all
initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental
Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad.
Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is
tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook.
Is respected and trusted by others. Continual Improvement and
Problem Resolution : Identifies and communicates suggestions for
work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to
assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost
effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements
viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal
and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide
needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve
problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity
and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across
the business. Accountability: Accepts responsibility and
accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful
implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in
this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and
progress of work in a timely manner. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in:--Americas : United States :
Alabama : Fort Payne
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Downers Grove , Strategic Procurement Lead, Parts Central, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!