Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and
design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional
Electrical Engineer who has thorough knowledge of technical design
standards and requirements for industrial facility and site
electrical systems. As a member of our team, you will work
alongside Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and
Structural professionals to provide an array of services for a
number of unique industrial projects throughout the country.
In this position, you will be responsible for scoping the
electrical engineering portions of projects and leading the design
efforts associated with the projects, along with developing
detailed drawings, which will include site plans,
power/signal/lighting plans, equipment layouts, one-lines,
industrial controls and control systems, assessments, and reports.
You will also assist with construction administration
responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing
construction operations, and maintaining progress reports to verify
construction conforms to plans, specifications, and the
construction schedule. Given your knowledge and expertise, you will
have the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge
and professional experiences to further develop less experienced
team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will
lead teams of engineering and design professionals and be
responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety
aspects from conception through construction. With our
"Seller-Doer" approach to business development, you will
collaborate with the electrical group management team and the Vice
President of Facilities Engineering Services to further advance our
services by assisting with the development of proposals, management
of client relations and expectations, opportunity tracking, and
preparation / delivery of client presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who
resides near Downers Grove, IL and has the ability to travel to the
office or client / project locations as requested. Remote
accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated
an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by
displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the
assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to
work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any
background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA,
clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
- Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive technical design experience
with a primary emphasis on industrial facility / site power
distribution, lighting, and control / signal systems.
- Minimum of two years of progressive and successful experience
managing electrical and/or multi-disciplined projects with service
fees in excess of $300,000.00 per year.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SKM Power Tools, and MS Office Suite
(Word, Excel, and Power Point) software.
- Previous experience coordinating design standards and
requirements with other disciplines, including Architecture, Civil,
Mechanical, and Structural.
- Previous experience conducting construction administration
responsibilities including observation and inspection.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective
verbal and written communication skills when writing
specifications, preparing technical reports, contributing to or
leading project team discussions, and participating client
consultations and interviews.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings,
client consultations, site assessments, and construction
inspections; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving
- Professional registration in additional states; Minnesota
- Previous experience with responding to Requests for Proposals,
including estimating electrical design fees.
- Previous business development experience with a track record of
securing new project/program opportunities.
- Desire or demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop
less experienced professionals on technical design standards.
- Previous design experience for industrial facility
underground/overhead medium voltage (13.8kV) site power
- Previous design experience with synchronous motor installation,
startup, and analysis.
- Previous design experience with Piping and Instrument Diagrams,
Loop Sheets, and instrumentation and control panel specification,
layout, startup and commissioning.
- Previous experience with configuration and/or programming of
Programmable Logic Controllers, VFDs, and Instrumentation.
- Previous design experience with medium voltage switchgear relay
setup, configuration, and uploading.
- Previous experience troubleshooting design, installation, and
operating electrical equipment deficiencies and power quality
issues and formulating corrective measures.
- Previous experience managing and working knowledge of AutoCAD,
AutoCAD Electrical, and Revit drawing software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and
highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will
be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our
Keywords: TKDA, Downers Grove , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!