Company: Huen Electric
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: March 18, 2023
About the Role: The BIM Specialist will assist the Estimating
and Operations teams to provide accurate drawings of new or
existing electrical systems to be used in project acquisition
efforts. Company Overview Huen Electric, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR
Group Inc, is a leading electrical construction firm with offices
in Illinois, New Jersey, and New York. Established in 1983, Huen
Electric has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and
resourceful electrical contractor. Huen Electric has extensive
experience completing successful electrical construction projects
and telecommunications for general contractors, commercial and
industrial facility owners, local governments, and developers. Huen
Electric also provides design/assist expertise, from the
preparation of cost estimates and controls to value engineering and
preconstruction planning. Essential Functions
- The BIM Specialist performs technical tasks in Revit and
- Work with office and project staff to prepare BIM models of new
and existing electrical systems within commercial buildings
- These models are used to provide project coordination with
other trades, dimensioned shop drawings for prefabrication and
field installation, takeoffs using Revit Schedules, assist with
preconstruction efforts, and as-built record drawings.
- Perform modeling primarily utilizing Revit and additionally
- Collaboration will be accomplished through the application
NavisWorks Manage while performing Coordination / Clash
- Provide dimensioned working/shop drawings for field
installation and prefabrication, as well as, provide as-built
record drawings at the end of the project
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a
Company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business
Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional
and ethical standards, if applicable About You: Qualifications
- Commercial electrical background is preferred to understand
constructability of electrical systems
- High school diploma or GED is
- Revit experience and detailed understanding of its processing
including setting up and maintaining jobs, files, families and work
- Ability to use most Revit tools within a project; must be able
to utilize basic tools associated with electrical design such as
conduit and cable tray
- Capable of extracting accurate and detailed information from
Revit model through schedules; this effort would identify
quantities and values for construction materials
- NavisWorks experience and comprehensive understanding of its
function by setting up and coordinating projects, files, and clash
- Must be reliable, punctual, self-motivated, and have a good
attitude What We Offer: Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience with weekly pay.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Regenexx, Hearing Care, Teledoc,
Prescriptions (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums).
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250
quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays
(our Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 50% match up to 6%; immediate
vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for
educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and
accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental
vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group
auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for
employee and dependents. Position may be subject to pre-employment
screening, which may include background check and drug testing.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-. MYR
Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity
Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and
background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed
to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all
individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and
applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service
status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees. MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States for any employer. MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do
not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a
valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent
Acquisition Team. Appcast: LinkedIn Recruiter Assignment: LinkedIn
Keywords: Huen Electric, Downers Grove , BIM Specialist, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...