Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Description If your passion lies in working on challenging
projects, then we invite you to explore with us!
Terracon is seeking a professional Senior Project
Geologist/Engineer to join our team in Illinois! In this role you
will lead teams of experienced environmental professionals in the
planning and implementation of environmental tasks such as: soil,
groundwater, non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL), soil vapor
investigations, groundwater monitoring programs, etc., while
maintaining Conceptual Site Models (CSMs), and preparing reports
for a major refinery project in southern Illinois. This project
will also include providing litigation support to the client and
This critical role will report directly to an Environmental Group
Manager and will work closely with senior and mid-level staff, as
well as junior staff in a mentorship and leadership capacity. Our
dynamic team has worked on this refinery project for over 15 years!
Our office has a diverse client base in both public and private
sectors working with commercial, industrial, legal, government,
health care, and property development entities. At Terracon we are
committed to improving the communities where we live and work! Come
"Explore with us" today!
Managerial and Technical Responsibilities:
- Will act as a primary contact with client and legal
- Lead the preparation, oversight, and management of a
multi-million-dollar annual budget and update of 40-year cost
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the
status of a project.
- Implement technical, financial, and administrative requirements
to complete multiple client tasks by directing and supervising
field staff in testing, data collection, and documentation.
- Prepares monthly forecasts for expenditures and manages scope,
schedule, and budget for complex tasks as well as monitor
activities and allocate resources to ensure client objectives are
- Assist in continuous quality monitoring and improvement on
projects and the implementation of Terracon and Client policies and
- Support the development of scopes of work for both routine and
complex tasks for the project.
- Will be expected to support client management and client
- Responsible for implementing safety rules, guidelines, and
standards for all projects and participate in pre-task planning
Requirements: Preferred Certification:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in geology or engineering
(environmental, civil, or chemical).
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated project field and project
management related experience.
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer licensed in the
State of Illinois or capable to obtain such license within one year
- Working knowledge of Illinois Environmental regulations.
- Completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability
- Experience interacting and communicating with clients
- Strong leadership and organizational skills **Additional
knowledge of RCRA, TSCA, and CERCLA regulations preferred, but not
- About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting
engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965,
Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm
specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and
materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000
employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all
50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding
expectations in client service and growing their careers with new
and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We
encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled
candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not
discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee
because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military
Keywords: Terracon, Downers Grove , Senior Geologist, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!