Precision Grinder Trainee
Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 26, 2023
2 nd shift: 2pm to 10pm Monday Friday
3 rd shift: 10pm to 6am Sunday-Thursday
Basic set up on manual machines, minor adjustments and operate CNC,
O/D, ID, or surface grinders to perform a series of grinding
operations on components used for the manufacture of precision
mechanical components. Follow quality and safety rules and keep
work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Active participation and engagement in the training program, to
learn the following skills:
- Work from blueprints, process sheets, tooling instructions, and
standard charts to identify component/manufacturing
- Basic set up on manual machines, minor adjustments and
operation of CNC, OD grinder, ID Grinder, or Surface Grinders to
perform a series of grinding operations on components used for the
manufacture of precision mechanical components.
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Verify conformance of machined work-pieces to specifications
using gauges and related measuring devices.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company
quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required
- Compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates,
and machining times.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve
problem situations as required.
- Rotate between various department work centers as
- Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports Bank activities.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25
Capabilities and Success Factors
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a
US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card
- Requires a high school education or equivalent
- CNC/Technology/Machinist trade school certification a
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating equipment in a manufacturing
environment strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue
prints in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical
- Stable work history.
- The desire and ability to learn a new skill.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up
work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments,
which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight
material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (over 25 lbs. with
assistance) and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to Producting invaluable experience and having the
opportunity to create a legacy, the
dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, Downers Grove , Precision Grinder Trainee, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!