Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 17, 2023
We are hiring full-time Data Center Hardware Technician to work
in Downers Grove, IL. Data Center. The Hardware Technician will
deliver hands-on expertise and perform operational tasks including
rack/stack, cabling, understanding of switch/port layout, console
configuration, and server decommissioning within the Data Center.
Applicants are preferred to have at least 3-5 years' experience
directly working in a Data Center environment to be considered for
Shift: Week 1 - SUN, WED, THUR / Week 2 - MON, TUE, FRI, SAT.
The schedule will rotate week 1 and 2 accordingly.
Shift hours are 6 PM - 6 AM but shifts can change depending on
Roles and responsibilities:
- Rack and stack equipment and IT hardware in a corporate Data
- Troubleshoot and support server implementation and
decommissioning within a secure, raised-floor environment.
- Install supporting hardware for all devices in cabinets within
a raised-floor environment.
- Document problem resolution summaries using an online ticketing
- Support 3rd party vendor activities.
- Verification of status lights on, servers, devices, network
devices (switches, modems, servers, or routers).
- Verification of power connections on servers and network
- Installation and Verification of cables, Labeling of cables
connections and network devices.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Candidate should have the ability to handle unique situations
and trouble shoot Hardware failures as they occur.
- Knowledgeable with Mainframe installations and
- Log, analyze and promptly take steps to resolve and/or escalate
problems experienced by internal and external clients. Assist with
root cause analysis and perform preventative measures to reduce
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and provide in-depth
knowledge related to the day to day activities.
- Ability to hand off/transfer ownership of ongoing projects,
request and incidents to next shift through verbal and written
- Maintain documentation of hardware location and
- Must have proficient working knowledge of raised floor
management, computer, and network installations in a medium to
large-scale computer center environment.
- Can define the physical layer including layouts of cabinets
that contain servers, network hardware, disk, tape, and the
technology that is required to satisfy client needs.
- Can update raised floor plans for business growth within the
- Have knowledgeable of fiber and copper cable, legacy and
current technologies and infrastructure.
- Must be able to coordinate electrical installations for the
equipment with the Facility Engineers.
- Is proficient in computer equipment specifications for power
and cooling needs.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices of computer
systems and associated components, telecommunications, and storage
systems, redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data
communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air
conditioning, fire suppression) and security systems.
- Preferred to have working knowledge of legacy environments i.e.
AS/400 and S/390 or UNIX, and Windows operating systems and
associated communications systems.
- The position benefits from experience in Production control
activities, Network Operations, and Service Desk operations.
- Travel to local data centers when support is needed.
- Ability to manage remote data centers through customer portals
and coordinate with local hands and feet support teams.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Advanced, proven knowledge of cable installation.
- Training and experience working with the internals of computer
hardware is required.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of
- Bachelor Degree or 3 years of related experience.
- Able to follow the design plans of a cable infrastructure
- Hardware installation, troubleshooting, and repair skills in
the area of network equipment.
- A+, Network + certification and/or PC maintenance work
experience is desired.
- Training and education or equivalent technology training and
experience are desired.
- Experience working in a medium to large-scale computer center
environment is desired.
Keywords: Ensono, Downers Grove , Hardware Tech, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!