Machine Operator I -Bearing
Company: Integrated Resources, Inc ( IRI )
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description 2nd shift 2pm to 10pm Monday Friday Brief
Description Perform duties to set up and operate a number of
different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to
perform a wide range of turning, drilling, milling or tapping
operations on precision machined components in a work-cell
environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in
a clean and orderly condition. Key Accountabilities
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup
cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and
locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging
equipment such as Sunnen gauges and plug gauges.
- Machine and install chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Install programs into machine.
- Activate units of different types of computerized numerical
controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a
wide range of machining operations to turn, face, bore, drill,
thread, ream components with tight tolerances. Make adjustments to
offset coordinates to compensate for materials, tooling or machine
- Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company
quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve
problem situations as required.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required and
p erform other related duties as assigned.
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports Continuous Improvement/Bank activities.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25
lbs. Job Requirements Capabilities and Success Factors
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a
US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating
CNC lathe or CNC mill machines, with basic knowledge and some
experience of set ups.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience, and knowledge of
machining principles and methods for computer numerical controlled
machine tools required
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue
prints in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical
- External candidates will be required to pass a Machinist test
which measures mechanical aptitude.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up
work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments,
which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight
material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for an entire
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc ( IRI ), Downers Grove , Machine Operator I -Bearing, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!