Company: IMS Global Gear & Machining
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 19, 2022
CNC Machinist Set-up Operator
IMS Global Gear & Machining
2500 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL
Pay Rate: Up to $30 an hour based on expertise and experience
Signing Bonus: Up to $2000
"Our employees are our biggest assets. We treat them with dignity
First shift: 6AM - 2PM
Second shift: 2PM - 10PM
Third shift: 10PM - 6AM
IMS Global Gear and Machining corporation overview:
Global Gear & Machining was established in 1991 as a high-volume
precision gear manufacturer, which initially produced products
serving applications in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry.
As a result of a continual focus on diversification, quality, and
the expansion of manufacturing technology through strategic
investments, Global Gear has expanded its capabilities to include
precision gear grinding/polishing, shaping, gun drilling, and
balancing serving customers in a variety of industries. These
investments have provided the path for Global Gear to produce a
wide variety of products for applications in the oil and gas,
mining, power generation, marine, fracking, agriculture, and
automotive industries. Now in its third decade of business, Global
Gear further expanded its technical capabilities in gear shaping
and grinding through significant capital investments and continues
to invest in new technologies and processes. Global Gear was
acquired by IMS Companies in 2002. IMS is a diversified group of
companies positioned with the size, scale, and reach necessary to
provide innovative solutions for its customers through custom
manufacturing and the development of proprietary products. IMS
serves a wide array of industries including the appliance,
automotive, commercial vehicle, communications, consumer,
electronics, medical, and various industrial markets
We are seeking skilled CNC Set-up Machinists to join our team. The
position requires the candidate to have basic math skills, CNC
machining experience in turning and milling applications, should be
able to read basic blueprints and understand CNC machines. Use of
inspection equipment and recording of inspection results is
required. Understanding and following work instructions and process
sheets is required. The candidate is required to perform setups,
set the work offsets and tool offsets, and run the production at
the required rates as defined by job documentation. On-the-job
training, as well as classroom training, will be provided to ensure
your success which leads to the organization's success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow standard operating procedures, set-up sheets, work
- Install fixtures and chuck jaws according to process.
- Install tooling in machine turret or magazine.
- Follow setup instructions, upload/download programs into
machine tools, verify supplied part programs, and make minor
- Inspect parts prior to QA submission and make necessary minor
adjustments as needed to meet process prints.
- Interpret CMM chart data to correct setup / operating
- Run production lot within all quality requirements and
- Makes appropriate machine offsets to run parts to controlled
- Complete quality control documents properly and per control
- Understand control plans, identify all gages, follow
disciplines associated with check frequencies
- Change basic tools (inserts, drills, endmills, etc.)
- Adhere to preset tool change intervals.
- Log labor, production, and scrap data into the ERP
- Understands and complies with proper containment activities and
defective product isolation.
- Basic machine maintenance like replenishing machines with
- Preferred experience in machining forgings and alloy steels and
maintaining tight production tolerances.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic mathematical proficiency.
- Basic Blueprint Reading, knowledge of GD&T is a
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills are a plus
- Prior setup and production experience on CNC machinery is
Education - High school diploma or general education degree
Experience/Training - 4+ years of related experience on CNC machine
Machines & technologies to be used:
- CNC Mills (3-5 axis VMC and HMC) - Doosan, Mori Seiki, Brother,
- CNC Lathes (2-3 axis) Doosan, Okuma, Yama Seiki, Fuji, DMG
Mori, Mazak, Etc.
- FANUC controls
Benefits: 401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions,
Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Paid - hour lunch, Short
Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
Prime Location: We are located minutes away from Highway 355 off of
Ogden ave. in Downers Grove and close to Belmont Metra train
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
Keywords: IMS Global Gear & Machining, Downers Grove , CNC Machinist, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!