Preschool Teacher Assistant
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Preschool Teacher Assistant
Company : Name Linked
Indian Boundary YMCA
Location : Address
711 59th St.
Early Learning/Child Care
Multiple shifts available. Apply for more info!
Inspire the leaders of tomorrow Earn a $300 signing bonus 30 days
after your start date and a retention bonus of $300 after 6 months
as an active Y employee! Come work at Indian Boundary YMCA, a
leading community-focused nonprofit branch located in Downers
Grove, IL! We are looking to hire a full-time Preschool Teacher
Assistant seeking a career in Early Childhood Education and have a
passion for positively impacting the development of children
through learning experiences. Apply today! Role:The Assistant
Teacher in collaboration with the Lead Teacher provides support in
effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning,
assessment, evaluation and related research for children 3-5 years
old. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for providing
developmentally appropriate learning experiences, supervision of
children assigned in the classroom, and providing a supportive and
positive classroom climate, while ensuring the individual needs of
the children are met as mandated by DCFS, ExceleRate Illinois,
NAEYC, federal, state and local standards, as applicable. The
Assistant Teacher in collaboration with the Lead Teacher are
responsible for providing a safe and supportive classroom
environment for preschool children ages 3-5 while preparing for
kindergarten readiness. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for
providing developmentally appropriate learning experiences,
supervision of children assigned in the classroom, and providing a
supportive and positive classroom climate, while ensuring the
individual needs of the children are met as mandated by DCFS and
YMCA standards and policies, as applicable. What you'll do:
- Promotes and models high quality
teaching and learning in the classroom that fosters academic
- Demonstrates culturally and linguistically appropriate
practices that values all children and families and makes them feel
welcomed and an essential part of the program
- Maintains awareness and supervision of children's needs and
ensure their physical health and safety, at all times.
- Assists with communicating and developing effective
partnerships with parents and families, encouraging parent
- Abides by DCFS and all quality standards for maintaining safe,
high quality programming
- Collaborates regularly with classroom team including: families,
volunteers and all staff.
- Assists with collecting and using multiple data sources, both
formative and summative, to inform instruction and child centered
learning and development.
- Assists with completing routine professional development
annually; utilizes continuous quality improvement (CQI); and
identifies different instructional resources and methods to meet
children's varying needs and improve the classroom experience for
children and families.
- Participates and supports association/center efforts towards
recruitment, enrollment, attendance and retention of families while
supporting the YMCA's mission and center operations as needed.
Lesson Planning and Classroom Management
- Collaborates with the Lead Teacher to develop lesson plans with
goals, objectives, activities and outcomes for children that
integrate health, nutrition, mental health, disabilities and parent
- Assists the Lead Teacher in implementation of high quality,
developmentally appropriate instructional activities and curriculum
approaches (like Creative Curriculum) that facilitate active
learning experiences and promote the social, emotional, physical
and cognitive development of each child; while ensuring the program
follows DCFS, YMCA, ExceleRate Illinois, and NAEYC accreditation
standards, if applicable.
- Takes the lead in absence of the lead teacher.
- With the support of the Lead Teacher, uses observational and
child data to assist in planning developmentally appropriate and 2
YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago engaging early learning experiences
based upon the emergent needs of the child.
- Assists the Lead Teacher in leveraging the physical environment
and pedagogical documentation to support teaching and learning
- Supports and implements planned studies/projects for an
in-depth investigation of a topic over time.
- Establishes and maintains an attractive, clean, safe and
engaging classroom environment which includes positive guidance
techniques and that encourages children's independence and
self-selection of activities.
- Assists with classroom management, arrangement, organization,
and labeling materials.
- Assists with completion of classroom inventory quarterly; and
the selection of materials and equipment to support instruction and
children's learning using environmental assessments to guide
decisions. Child Abuse Prevention:Supports the YMCA's commitment to
child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as requiredYMCA
Vaccine PolicyWe're committed to the health and wellness of our
employees, members, program participants, and those most
vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to
your start date, whichever occurs later, unless an exemption for a
medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Commitment to Inclusion
- Supports the YMCA's commitment to inclusion of all members as
required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job
responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for
persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities,
including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to
members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate
training and development will be provided to YMCA team members
based on your role and responsibilities.
- Helps to create an inclusive classroom environment that will
integrate and assist children with special needs. How you'll do it:
- Must meet DCFS licensing, and program related
accreditation/credentialing requirements; Associates Degree or
higher in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Must provide documentation of Gateways credentialing or apply
within 90 days of employment.
- Passion for and commitment to the YMCA's mission and serving
the needs of children and families
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to assist in the
implementation of developmentally appropriate practices to promote
early learning and social-emotional development
- Assist with the application of early learning best practices to
create a child-centered, supportive, inclusive and positive
classroom environment to meet the needs of diverse children. Be a
part of our mission. The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to
develop strong children, families and communities across
Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character
development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We
rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our
teachers and other team members to help us achieve our mission one
child, one family, and one team member at a time. Our early
learning create a child-centered environment that promotes
learning, character development, healthy living and positive,
nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation
standards and extensive training and development in research-based
practices, you'll also learn and grow and positively impact our
children, families and communities.
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Downers Grove , Preschool Teacher Assistant, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!