Company: Lifespace Communities, Inc.
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Don't just live life....love life!Who wants to go to a boring
job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our
residents!We are not limited by our job title. We are one team
united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the
stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to
create your own lasting impression.Lifespace Communities would like
to introduce the opportunity to become a Custodian atOAK
TRACE200/250 Village Dr. Downers Grove, IL 60516The Custodian is
responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in
assigned areas which will be observed through the economical use of
supplies, proper routine care and applicable use of equipment. The
Custodian performs cleaning duties adhering to approved department
cleaning procedures.A few other details about the role:
- Execute, according to department schedule and cleaning
procedures, service, clean and supply assigned areas.
- Execute the removal of hazardous and/or infectious waste while
adhering to approved infection control procedures.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to
- Clean floors, common walk ways and other community areas.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power
equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Administer cleaning products. Spot clean between washings and
disinfect when necessary.
- Report any concerns of structural or equipment wear, defects or
- Respond to emergency housekeeping accidents, removing carpeting
and water extraction in the case of flooding.
- Initiate request for supplies and equipment as well as confirm
chemicals are labeled and stored correctly.
- As assigned, perform deep cleaning of carpets and refinishing
- Assist other departments with cleaning and other janitorial
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, teamwork and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
meetings.And here's what you need to apply:
- No educational requirement. Must have ability to perform basic
arithmetic, understand measurements and follow written and oral
- No experience required. A willingness to learn is needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and
this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued
growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to
ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.ORGANIZATIONAL
OVERVIEW:Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines,
Iowa, is one of the nation's largest senior living provider of
non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual
revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members.
Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer.Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Inc., Downers Grove , Custodian, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!