Lead Operator 2nd Shift - Secured Perso
Company: Valid USA
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global
company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and
6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is
seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards,
government issued identification, mobile financial services or
highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. - Our website
is -. Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a 2nd Shift Lead
Operator for our Secured Perso department based in our Downers
Grove location. -This position is responsible -for setting up,
troubleshooting, and operating machinery used for secure product. -
The hours for this position are - 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm, -with
occasional overtime required (including some Saturdays). What will
- Prepare, supply, and operate the production machines during the
production process and monitor relevant stages to ensure that
products are manufactured or assembled according to established
- Understand the entire range of functions as well as the
operating sequence of the machine.
- Load materials on the machine in the order they are to be
placed on the table.
- Read job specifications and previous run data (if available) to
determine machine parameters and material.
- Prior to performing maintenance on the machine, insure proper
Lockout/Tag-out procedures have been followed.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds,
scrap and set-up times.
- Loads and unloads stock.
- Reports any necessary maintenance issues to the Maintenance
- Work cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to
ensure products meet specifications.
- Ensures required documentation / data is completed accurately
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a
continuous quality improvement environment.
- May verify material conformance to specifications, using
measuring devices such as micrometers tape measures and/or
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Verify that guards at pinch points and potential burn areas are
present before operating the machine. Perform proper and thorough
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and
procedures. Take immediate action to correct safety and security
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer's instructions;
- Perform related job duties as assigned by supervisor. Other
Functions and Responsibilities This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee occupying this position. - Employees will be required
to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with
applicable Federal and State laws. All job requirements are subject
to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. - Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose
a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of
themselves or other employees. What are we looking for?
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- At least 1 year of previous experience running production
machines in a manufacturing environment. -
- Positive attitude and teamwork spirit.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment.
Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading
information from printed sources and computer screens. Requires
normal color perception.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to focus and perform precision hand movements when
operating a machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and be able to
work around machinery.
- Must be willing to stand for the majority of the work day.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to
- Reason through problems involving set-up and operation.
- Ability to pass background check and drug test. What we offer:
- Benefits include competitive pay, health, vision, dental and
life insurance, 401(k), on the job training and much more.
Keywords: Valid USA, Downers Grove , Lead Operator 2nd Shift - Secured Perso, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!