Senior Platform Power and Performance Systems Engineer
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering is the team
behind Microsofts expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible
for powering Microsofts Intelligent Cloud mission. Cloud AI &
Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in
defining and delivering operational measures of success for
hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality,
delivery, scale, and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud
hardware. We are looking for a phenomenal Systems Engineer with a
strong passion in Platform Performance and Power.As a Senior
Hardware Systems Engineer, you will be the technical voice to the
program collaborating across several functional teams from Silicon
to customers within Microsoft. You will be leading the system level
power and performance validation, defining the KPIs (key
performance indicators) for the platform, investigating new
workloads and benchmarks, and influencing architecture decisions to
deliver high quality solutions to the customers. This is an
excellent opportunity to work on next generation architectures and
provide innovative solutions to customers.#CAASE #AZURE #Cloud
- Collaborate with several cross functional teams across silicon,
platform, and customer teams to build hardware solutions for
Microsoft Azures data center deployments.
- Design and validate the power and performance of Microsofts
next generation hardware platforms, from silicon to data center
cluster. Build validation plans and strategies to be executed by
Microsofts ODMs and other 3 rd
- Develop guidelines and KPIs for system and solution power and
performance. Collaborate with silicon, hardware design, and
architecture teams to align on landing zone targets.
- Investigate, analyze, and drive automation of new benchmarks
and workloads to reflect customer use cases and scenarios.
- Use statistical analysis methods to identify performance
bottlenecks that may affect the platforms TCO. Identify possible
solutions to complex problems and drive to closure.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate across teams to
come up with the best solution possible using the One Microsoft
- BS in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in power and performance
design, validation, and optimization on SoCs, servers, storage,
and/or network platforms.
- Understanding of SoC or embedded system architecture, design
lifecycle, and tools is a must.
- Experience with popular workload measurement methodologies
including SPECcpu, Linpack, and FIO.
- Understanding of AI/ML workloads and how to validate software
stacks, such as tensorflow.
- Experience with hardware, firmware, & software (system &
application stack) interfaces and understanding dependencies and
impact to power and performance.Preferred Qualifications:
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Computer, or Software
- Knowledge of high-volume server design and manufacturing is
- System engineering process & practices requirements definition,
architecture, implementation, and validation.
- Experience working across disciplines and organizations to
resolve complex issues.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of high-speed networking and system interconnect
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced product
- Demonstrated ability to lead design, test, and debug complex
hardware technologies for product development.
- Knowledge about datacenters & operations at scale.
- Experience managing hardware programs through the entire
product lifecycle.ual opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form
to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening
requirements are required for this role. These requirements
include, but are not limited to the following specialized security
screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be
required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon
hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.Benefits/perks listed
below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with
Microsoft and the country where you work.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Downers Grove , Senior Platform Power and Performance Systems Engineer, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!