Claims Adjuster General Liability
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims
services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and
demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and
businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding
expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to
going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better
Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles less complex claims
with moderate supervision and includes the investigation,
determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and
the setting of proper reserves. Incumbents at this level typically
hold claims reserve and settlement authority of up to $5,000
liability and/or $10,000 workers compensation or greater.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the
claims exposure to determine the proper course of action and to
appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the
- Handles claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies,
procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any
statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and
effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim
- Incumbents at this level should be able to work at full case
load capacity.Additional Considerations:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business
- Bachelor's DegreeWork Traits:
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize
activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate
verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues
inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and
disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related
documentation.U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal
capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosureGallagher
offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, Downers Grove , Claims Adjuster General Liability, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!