Subrogation Representative - Adverse Property Damage
Company: Kemper Corp.
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Downers Grove IL
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
The Subrogation Representative plays a critical role in resolving
claims presented against Kemper's policy holders. They are required
to review subrogation demands received from third parties
(insurance carriers, claimants, attorneys), calculate pro-rated
offers based upon assessed liability and the merits of each claim,
and move all claims to a successful resolution.
* Ensures notes are timely and accurately reflect handling.
* Ensures timely notifications provided to policy holder and
claimants based upon state requirements. Ensures file handling in
compliance with all company guidelines.
* Maintains an active diary, works each assigned file on a regular
basis. Proactively evaluates each file to confirm all third-party
damages have been received and successfully resolved.
* Recommends action plan for each file. Closes cases when
appropriate with supervisor approval.
* Ensures required Material Damage audit process requirements have
* Negotiates settlements with third parties (insurance carriers,
claimants, attorneys) to ensure damages are handled on a fair and
* Prepares payments for property damage settlements, attorney fees,
investigative expenses, and other expenses as requested by
Management. Processes payments in an accurate and timely
* Ensures timely and professional responses to all incoming
communications, including mail, email, telephone calls and
* Must work in multiple systems (E-Subro Hub, Claims Center, etc.)
in order to resolve claims in a timely manner.
* Must work effectively amid constant interruptions and shifting
* Must handle other tasks as directed by Management.
Actively and aggressively pursue adverse subrogation demands to
indemnify named insured Kemper policy holders. Evaluate and settle
property damage claims with adverse carriers and claimants. Manage
claim files efficiently and prompt to bring to quick resolve.
* Candidates must have a high school degree with a minimum of one
(1) year full time work experience after graduation.
* Texas all lines adjuster licensing up to date.
* Proficient computer skills; with a minimum typing speed of 50
* Be detail oriented and possess excellent planning and
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to deal with conflict.
* Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
* Prior subrogation work is a plus.
* Ability to meet individual goals and collaborate with peers.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by
the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are
committed to supporting diversity and equality across our
organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search
firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Kemper Corp., Downers Grove , Subrogation Representative - Adverse Property Damage, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!