Lifestyle Coach /Front Desk Support 8am-4pm
Company: Lifespace Communities
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Don't just live life---.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our
passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your
career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Lifestyle Coach at
200 Village Drive
Downers Grove IL. 60516
The Lifestyle Coach is responsible for planning, implementing, and
leading daily activity programming that fulfills the wellness
dimensions of sensory, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual,
and physical enrichment. Position provides on-the-job training and
participates in updating care plans as associated with
A few other details about the role:
* Orchestrate and lead therapeutic activities for resident
participation for individual as well as group structures.
* Motivate residents to participate in daily planned
* Provide high level of resident engagement. Establish one-on-one
relationships with residents. Maintain daily one-on-one visitation
schedule. Conduct resident activity interest surveys.
* Strengthen resident activity with the development and
coordination of programs.
* Provide hands-on/on-the-job training to newly hired activities
assistants. Provide skill-set retraining as assigned.
* Document resident attendance to activities. Electronically update
care plan to include assessment, activity participation and
* Oversee the movement of residents to and from recreational areas
to participate in scheduled programs include activities held
outside of Community. Plan, create amd publish monthly programming
and transportation calendar.
* Communicate on-going performance feedback of activities
* Maintain inventory par levels, track inventory and supplies.
* Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and
regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
* Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
* Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
And here's what you need to apply:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree preferred.
* Two to three years applicable experience
* Certifications required by state regulations. Industry
certifications include AAC, ADC, ADPC, and ACC.
* Possess a genuine appreciation of geriatric population.
* Ability to work with demanding residents in a calm and
* Knowledgeable of computer functions and the ability to learn and
use a variety of computerized activity programs.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop, and efficiently implement
events independently and in group involvement.
* Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
* Advanced computer skills.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the
beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create
exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy
a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is
committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that
celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
* Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
* Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
* Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
* Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
* Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
* Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
* Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
* Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
* New Castle - Mequon, Wisconsin
* Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
* Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
* The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
* Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
* The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Downers Grove , Lifestyle Coach /Front Desk Support 8am-4pm, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!