N.O. Unassigned Makeup and Packaging Utility
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a
difference.LOCATION: Downers GroveDEPARTMENT: ProductionJOB TITLE:
N.O. Unassigned Makeup and Packaging UtilitySHIFT: 3rd# OF
OPENINGS: 1HOURS: Generally, starts as early as 9:45 PM until
finish. Overtime and weekend work as needed. Starting times and
hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the
production schedule especially during holidays. Good attendance and
punctuality required.JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES: Divider: Ensure bread
weight quality standards are maintained and label contents are
aligned. Responsible for line efficiency standards and accurate
recording of downtime. This includes proper setup and adjustment of
equipment on the Moline Line, Flour Sifters, Divider, Rounder,
Overhead Proofer, as well as all conveyors and guides. Ability to
determine needed adjustments to processing, to counter line
downtime or plant temperatures effects set HACCP, CTS, SOP, Safety,
GMP, and JSA standards related to this position. Ensure equipment
care of all machines this position operates. This includes
pre-operational inspections, evaluation and communication to
maintenance and supervision of equipment issues that arise. This
position is required to write work notifications when non-immediate
issues arise with equipment or within work area. Positions dusting
flour bowls (up to 600 lbs.) Uses dough trough mover to
move/position bowls onto the Divider Bowl Hoist. Needs basic math
for figuring downtime and proper start times for changeovers. Must
be able to follow instructions.
- Accurately mixes doughs to product specific formulation and
within CTS parameters.
- Responsible for the quality of dough.
- Records temperatures, makes necessary adjustments for line
downtime, plant temperatures, flour hydration, and mixing time to
achieve proper development.
- Must be able to navigate through the autobatching system and
make changes to water or cream yeast as necessary.
- Evaluates situations appropriately to properly prioritize tasks
and evaluate information requirements to the supervision.
- Accurately commits batches mixed into Mini-miint database.
- Expectations are that this position will take the AIB
correspondence course and testing to increase understanding of the
- Requires basic math for figuring water amounts, bowls,
conversion of formulas, calculating proper fermentation times,
- Must understand formulas and be able to follow
- Good working knowledge of flour system and liquid bulk storage.
- Manually scale various ingredients according to set procedures
that include using the right ingredients, using the proper rotation
of ingredients, zeroing/taring-out each empty bucket prior to
scaling, and precisely scaling ingredients as listed on formula
- Required to adhere to proper mixing parameters when covering
for Mixer during time off, breaks and lunches.
- Will rotate into Mixer & Mixer Helper positions as needed.
- Repositions ingredient drums/containers.
- May be called upon to assist other positions during operation
and other duties as requested.
- Drives lift truck and must pass licensing
- Sets up slicer and wrappers for different bread varieties. Sets
up code for variety of bread.
- Changes slicer blades.
- Must develop a comprehensive understanding of all mechanical
aspects of the machinery, including evaluating equipment and
filling out work notification.
- Should have above average initiative and be persistent
regarding follow-up on equipment needs.
- Checks bread for correct slices.
- Assures that bread is wrapped in correct size film and the wrap
- Racks bread, dumps garbage cans and gray totes under slicer
- May be assigned to other lines and positions as
required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Decision Making Skills:
Must have strong decision making and communication skills. They
must have the ability to utilize/exercise good judgment, and they
must ensure issues are quickly resolved and communicated with
supervision. Fill out communication boards daily.
- Food Safety Awareness:
Food safety awareness is critical in this position. This position
will be held accountable to having a full understanding and
adherence to the strictest compliance standards, in relation to
HACCP, CTS, SOP, Safety, GMP, and JSA procedure and standards
related to this position. Focused awareness and prevention of
contamination/ potential contamination, allergen control, and lot
code traceability are key objectives in this role.
- Formula Control:
Formula control is vital to ensuring compliance to label management
of our products. Must abide to exact formula specifications and
procedures, to ensure bread quality standards are maintained and
label contents are aligned.
- Maintains work area to "5S" cleanliness, housekeeping and
organizational standard.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Must possess a high
school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Two
years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
be required to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands, fingers and arms to reach, feel product and
manipulate materials and equipment
- Walk, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear
- Ability to use senses to diagnose and troubleshoot
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to
1500 pounds on wheelsWORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to
vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne
particles, hot/cold temperature extremes, high industrial noise
levels, forklift traffic and wet environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
expected to comply with all safety regulations, support plant
safety initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize
prescribed safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety
shields, gloves, earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
- Ability to deal with a changing work environment and
high-pressure situations. Must be able to work in a team
environment.SUPERVISOR: Ken Lundgren, Supervisor on DutySubmit to
HR. For further information regarding this position, please
contact: Supervisor or HR. Internal applicants interested in
applying for an available position must apply online AND report to
Human Resources to complete an interview questionnaire prior to the
posting close date in order to be considered for the position.
- This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to
support operations activities.
- Position is contingent on passing Powered Industrial Equipment
physical and success completion of licensing requirements.
- Employees' approved vacation subject to change when bidding to
a new area.
- There will be a 90-day evaluation period to ensure satisfactory
- Must stay on the job one year.The Company is committed to
providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all
aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age,
religion or any other classification protected by law.In that
regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Downers Grove , N.O. Unassigned Makeup and Packaging Utility, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!