Company: Wilson-McShane Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 13, 2022
- Employer Paid Family Health, Prescription Drug and Dental
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Paid Holidays and Paid time off
- Retirement Income Plan: 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Vision, Accident, Critical Illness and Pet
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program, including access to confidential
counseling (virtual and in-person)Essential Duties and
- Calculate pension payment amounts
- Provide participants with benefit estimates
- Process pension applications
- Explain pension benefits to participants
- Interpret and follow the rules outlined in Plan Documents
- Draft correspondence to participants
- Answer incoming participant calls relating to the Pension
- Regularly meet with participants to answer questions related to
their pension benefits, communicate with other Fund
- Other duties and projects as assignedEssential Skills and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous pension experience preferred.
- Experience with Taft-Hartley Funds preferred.
- Travel may be required up to 5%Individuals should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibilities for own actions;
Follows through on commitments; Team Player.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways
to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Takes pride in
their own work; Organized.
- Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when
necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
unexpected events; Ability to prioritize duties.
- Communication- Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Able to read and interpret written information.
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, and
currently follow state, federal, and local guidelines regarding
COVID-19 safety procedures. Masks are required in all common spaces
and anytime you are unable to be socially distanced when sitting at
your desk or in your office. Cubicles are spaced out to ensure a
safe distance between employees, and we also provide disinfectant
spray for each employee to use in their personal space and common
space areas. Upon entering the office each day, employees are
required to fill out an online Health Screening Attestation to
confirm they are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, and have not
been exposed to anyone with symptoms or a COVID-19
Keywords: Wilson-McShane Corporation, Downers Grove , RETIREMENT SPECIALIST, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!