Claims Supervisor (Workers' Compensation)
Company: CorVel Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:The Claims Supervisor is responsible for supervising
a team of direct reports, ensuring all quality, productivity and
customer service criteria are met while adhering to company
policies and procedures. The Claims Supervisor position is integral
to the success of the company and requires regular and consistent
attendance, supporting the goals of claims department and of
CorVel. This position is fully remote. The candidate may be located
anywhere in the US. Experience handling IL, IN, KY and MI claims is
About CorVelCorVel, a certified Great Place to Work - Company, is a
national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for
the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically
traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual
investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the
most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a
stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and
plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people
working across the United States embrace our core values of
Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork
(ACE-IT!).A comprehensive benefits package is available for
full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy,
Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account,
Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident
Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance,
Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises claims staff in their day-to-day operations.
- Supports Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and
training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions.
- Ensures staff compliance with Workers' Compensation laws and
mandated regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assures peak performance of the team through continued training
and coaching, coupled with regular performance evaluations and
recommends merit activity, subject to manager's approval
- Provides technical and jurisdictional guidance to claims staff
regarding complex compensability, investigation, litigation issues
and service account instructions.
- Functions as liaison, suggesting and implementing final
resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific,
procedural or special requests.
- Adheres to HIPPA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours
in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Adheres to all company policies, best practices and
- Additional projects and duties as assigned..
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and
understanding of claims practice.
- Participate in Customer Claim Reviews and Presentations
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated, Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and
communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax,
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Knowledge of the entire claims administration, case management
and cost containment solution as applicable to Workers'
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Demonstrated Public Speaking Skills
- Minimum of 5 years' experience handling claims
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation claims in the states IL, IN,
KY and MI required.
- Current license or certification in Workers' Compensation must
be maintained throughout employment with CorVel.
- Self-Insured Certificate preferred
- State Certification as an experienced Examiner
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and
complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel Corporation, Downers Grove , Claims Supervisor (Workers' Compensation), Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!