Senior Business Analyst - Data Analytics
Company: Univar Solutions
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 8, 2021
Want to work for a company that is reimagining
distribution? Join Univar
Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct
extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their
quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions,
we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and
drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts,
scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
The Senior Business Analyst -
Analytics and Business Insights is responsible for
creating, analyzing, and communicating data driven insights
utilized by commercial teams to drive growth.
- Proactively and upon request, deliver business insights by
drawing correlations from data for Commercial Leaders to drive
growth and make business decisions. These business insights are to
be delivered by creating Tableau Dashboards and Microsoft Excel
reports (only where Tableau is not a solution) that support all 5
Growth Levers. On occasion, manually uploading data for creation of
Tableau dashboards will be required.
- Collaborate with broad and diverse groups, departments, and
stakeholders to translate business insights, where needed, via
Sell-Wells, other trainings, one on one conversations, and other
meaningful interactions with Commercial leaders.
- Support the broader Commercial Excellence, Commercial
Development, Business Solutions and Sales Super User teams in data
structure, validity, and best practices for reporting related to
new tools/process creation.
- Proactively manage and maintain existing reports and
dashboards, by working independently and reaching out to others as
needed, ensuring data is accurate and kept current.
- Support integration activities as needed (mapping, cleaning,
investigating data and recreating reports).
- As needed, work closely with accounting, purchasing, accounts
payable and network planning to ensure accuracy/quality of data
prior to publishing any information. Investigate any data
inaccuracies or questions immediately and escalate/inform to ensure
stakeholders are aware.
- Work closely with IT on new or changing enterprise reporting
requirements (i.e., Enterprise Analytics (Tableau 2.0), sunsetting
Qlikview, etc.) as the voice of the commercial customer advocating
for what is needed in a timely and efficient manner to make
- Support the monitoring of adoption rates and as needed, provide
additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or
other resources to increase user adoption/understanding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience specializing in business analytic
development and interpretation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance,
Mathematics or Statistics from an accredited university with
significant industrial B2B experience.
- Experience with Tableau
- Able to deliver data-based recommendations to solve business
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen, project orientation,
analytical and financial interpretation skills.
- Experience working in Tableau/QV, Salesforce, SAP and BW.
Univar Solutions is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including
medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO
and much more.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Downers Grove , Senior Business Analyst - Data Analytics, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!