QA Samples Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE: Prepare samples and ensure that product
specifications meet job ticket/customer expectations (size, style,
color and copy) by reviewing each sample for defects, consistency
in color and match to color approval target. Ensure samples matches
supplied copy. Package samples for shipment daily for delivery to
next operation and or sales and customer as required. Assist and
perform quality sortation as required and directed. Follow all
company rules regulations and safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reads job ticket and sales order to identify any special
instructions / requirements.
· Inspects each sample that will be sent to the customer, sales,
CSR and file room to ensure all aspects of quality.
· ?Verifies product is correct to job ticket specifications
(graphic ID numbers, item numbers, UPC codes or other
· Compares samples to proof, inspects samples, measures and
verifies finished product to ensure it meets specifications,
compares product to copy target.
· Checks samples for cosmetic defects (hickeys, register, color
variation, moiré pattern, scratches, markings, etc.).
· Where required, notifies appropriate management for 2nd
approval on samples prior to shipping.
· Packages samples ensuring to package/wrap to prevent damage in
· Identifies suspect / non-conforming product and reports any
issues identified to AQL Lead and or department manager for
· Perform defect and or version sortation as directed.
· Promotes and supports WestRock quality system.
· Follow all established WestRock department policies,
procedures and work instructions.
· Follow WestRock safety and environmental guidelines.
· Perform other job duties as assigned
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
1-3 years’ experience in a quality and or graphic arts role
Experience working with quality control or print related visual
Must have basic computer skills (e-mail, word processing,
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must have ability to pay close attention to detail.
Must have good organization skills.
Must have ability to work within tight deadlines.
Must have ability to manage competing projects and multiple
Must pass color vision test.
Must pass color hue test.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime
may be required during busy periods.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or
without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.
REM-03 WS-03 WS-LC
Shift start: 7:00AM
Shift length: 8 hours
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 25 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
WestRock Company manufactures and sells paper and packaging
solutions for the consumer and corrugated markets in North America,
South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates
through three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging,
and Land and Development. The Corrugated Packaging segment produces
containerboards, corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging, and
preprinted linerboards for consumer and industrial products
manufacturers, and corrugated box manufacturers.