Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
LOCATION: Downers Grove
JOB TITLE: A.M. Part Time Weekend Only Equipment Cleaner
BASE RATE PER HOUR: $18.00
HOURS: Generally, starts as early as 5:45 AM until finish.
Overtime and weekend work as needed. Starting times and hours may
vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production
schedule especially during holidays. Good attendance and
JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
• Must disassemble, clean, and reassemble
production equipment, requiring understanding and retention of set
procedures and the ability to detect variations from standard.
• Must work in steam room (hot environment).
• Must maintain assigned areas according to set
• Must have some mechanical aptitude, manual
dexterity and ability to work without close supervision.
• Ability to operate a forklift truck and pass
• Must move product scrap containers throughout
plant as needed (requires pushing/pulling up to 800
• Must operate a floor scrubber.
• Ability to work from heights on a
• Must remain on job for one year due to training
• Analyzes equipment performance and submit work
orders describing problems of the equipment and how it relates to
inferior production of product.
• Ensures all SQF, HACCP, CTS, SOP, Safety, and
Hygiene standards are adhered to.
• Communicates thoroughly with the previous
shift's equipment cleaners regarding unfinished task workload and
or special requests or requirements.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists
management in solving work problems.
• Develop action plans and ensure follow through
on obtaining objectives for the department
• Complete/close out SAP work orders
• Maintains work area to "5S" cleanliness,
housekeeping and organizational standard.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
• Analytical – Ability to properly prioritize
work, including a basic ability to understand mechanical functions
of equipment and basic sanitation techniques.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets
clarification to ensure understanding is reached within the
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and
informatively, Able to read and interpret written information and
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans
daily work assignments including MS, Uses time
• Safety and Security – Ensure safety procedures
are met; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and
materials properly; Attend weekly pre-shift meetings on safety.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add,
subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Must possess a high school diploma,
general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Two years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Use hands, fingers and arms to reach, feel
product and manipulate materials and equipment
• Walk, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk
• Ability to use senses to diagnose and
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
push/pull heavy loads on wheeled dollies
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to
vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne
particles, hot/cold temperature extremes, high industrial noise
levels, forklift traffic and wet environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected
to comply with all safety regulations, support plant safety
initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize prescribed
safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety shields, gloves,
earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
Ability to deal with a changing work environment and
high-pressure situations. Must be able to work in a team
This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to
support operations activities.
Employees' approved vacation subject to change when bidding to a
There will be a 3-month evaluation period to ensure satisfactory
Must stay on the job one year.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.