Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator (SICC) plays an integral
role in optimizing patients' recovery journeys. The SICC completes
weekly functional assessments and engages the PAC
inter-disciplinary care team providing them with the proprietary nH
Outcome tool to align expectations for discharge planning. The
position engages patients and families to share information and
facilitate informed decisions. By serving as the link between
patients and the appropriate health care personnel, the SICC is
responsible for ensuring efficient, smooth, and prompt transitions
- Perform Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) assessments on patients
using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools, such as nH
Predict, nH Outcome, InterQual and CMS criteria, upon admission to
SNF and periodically through the patient stays.
- Review targets for Length of Stay (LOS), target outcomes, and
discharge plans with providers and families.
- Complete all SNF concurrent reviews, updating authorizations on
a timely basis.
- Collaborate effectively with the patients' health care teams to
establish an optimal discharge. The health care team includes
physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social
workers, physical therapists, etc.
- Assure patients' progress toward discharge goals and assist in
- Participate weekly in SNF Rounds providing accurate and up to
date information to the naviHealth Sr. Manager or Medical
- Assure appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan,
High-Risk Case Manager, and/or community-based services.
- Engage with patients, families, or caregivers either
telephonically or on-site weekly and as needed.
- Attend patient/family care conferences.
- Assess and monitor patients' continued appropriateness for SNF
setting (as indicated) according to InterQual criteria or the nH
- When naviHealth is delegated for utilization management, review
referral requests that cannot be approved for continued stay and
are forward to licensed physicians for review and issuance of the
NOMNC when appropriate.
- Coordinate peer to peer reviews with naviHealth Medical
- Support new delegated contract start-up to ensure experienced
staff work with new contracts.
- Manage assigned caseload in an efficiently and effectively
utilizing time management skills.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the CM Tool
- Daily review of census and identification of barriers to
managing independent workload and ability to assist others.
- Review monthly dashboards, readmission reports, quarterly, and
other reports with the assigned Clinical Team Manager, as needed,
to assist with the identification of opportunities for
- Adhere to organizational and departmental policies and
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance
with HIPPA, federal and state regulations, and laws.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required,
assigned, or requested.
- Active, unrestricted registered clinical license required -
Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or
- 3 - 5 years of clinical experience required
- At least 2 years of Case Management experience preferred
- Patient education background, rehabilitation, and/or home
health nursing experience a plus
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communication
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiating
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent problem identification/resolution and
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple
- Team player
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware)
between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer
(or similar hardware) within a standard period of time
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members including
use of cellular phone or comparable communication device
- Ability to remain stationary for extended time periods (1 - 2
- Travel requirements
- Ability to mobilize to and within sites within an assigned
local or regional market/area, including car transport, up to 85%
of the time
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to
live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has
been a trusted partner for the nation's top health plans, health
systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from
volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision
support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with
evidence-based protocols, naviHealth's high-touch, proven care
model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home.
With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and
healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce
costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more
information about naviHealth, visit navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more
Rooted in respectGuided by purpose Devoted to service Energized
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities
to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Keywords: NaviHealth, Downers Grove , Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!