Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Kelly Professional & Industrial, we're passionate about
helping you find a job that works for you. How about this one?
We're seeking Production Supervisors to work at Kerry Ingredients
in Melrose Park, IL. With us, it's all about finding the job that's
Hours/Days Work: Tuesdays-Saturdays
- 1 st 6:00am - 2:00PM
- 2 nd 2:00 PM - 10:00PM
- 3 rd 10:00PM - 6:00AM
Pay Range: $35-$40.87/hr
End Date: Long term
We have a Production Supervisor position in Melrose Park,
Illinois. Kerry has over 41 sites across North America. Our Melrose
Park facility plant is part of the Meat division business, and has
170 employees. This site is growing operations and investing
capital in improvement projects. We are looking for someone
comfortable working on first, second or third shift, and flexible
to work a Tuesday to Saturday work schedule. Some of the
- Support the SQF Food Safety and Quality System by implementing
and following procedures, taking part in GMP inspections,
conducting and/or participating in internal audits and management
reviews and participating in training.
- Supervises and coordinates 20-40 direct reports at one time to
meet business demands.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, developing, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Responsible for leading production staff to achieve production
targets in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement,
maintenance, warehouse, and quality departments to achieve and
- Leads team members by managing and executing plant
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure safety,
quality, cost, and customer service goals are met.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate employee hours and create
equipment operating schedules that meet both internal and external
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations,
based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from
- Interprets specifications, and job orders for employees, and
assigns duties as necessary.
- Inspects and measures product specifications to verify
conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve
production methods, equipment performance, and quality of
- Suggests continuous improvement changes to drive KPIs.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in
solving work problems.
- Maintains time cards and production records.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for equipment, tools
and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- College diploma, or University degree in an applicable field of
study preferred, plus 2-5 years of experience in a production
environment (food manufacturing preferred). Strong analytical
mindset with attention to detail, good communication, organization,
prioritization and time management skills.
- Experiencing managing sanitation activities preferred.
- Demonstrated success in developing/implementing continuous
improvement initiatives and accountability programs. Lean
manufacturing/Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success assessing, developing and retaining top
- Proven ability to drive process improvements, adhere to
budgets, and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies:
Critical Thinking, Continuous Cost Focus, Technical Expertise,
Influence and Delivery of Sustainable Results.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problem(s) to develop corrective
- Experience Supervising in a unionized work environment
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft office)
Why Kelly ?
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and
we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts
will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you
can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and
experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where
you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits
?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do
best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with
disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under
its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with
applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly
Keywords: Kelly, Downers Grove , Production Supervisor, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!