Cash Management Associate
Company: Grant Thornton LLP
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of
Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading
organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We've
never been a typical professional services firm. We put people
first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the
world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent.
Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals,
dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client
service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work.
Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your
Purpose of the Position:
The Cash Management Associate is responsible for the data entry
of cash receipts and related payment research, certain Treasury
activities such as wire transfer creation or approval, and other
tasks that support the centralized Treasury / Cash Application
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate application of a high volume of lockbox
cash receipts. Payments may be simple or complex (short pays,
multiple bill payments, 3rd party payors).
- Posting of unidentified cash to clearing accounts; follow up as
necessary / team with others in Finance and Accounting ("F&A")
and the firm to clear such items.
- Interact with various F&A and other personnel across the
firm to obtain information necessary to complete
- Monitor shared email box to respond to requests; research and
respond timely to requests to reapply or cancel cash receipts, to
provide proof of payment, and general questions.
- Access and file high volume of electronic remittance detail
provided by clients; use online bank portals to access and save
monthly bank statements; adhere to departmental standards regarding
electronic and paper documentation as applicable.
- Process client payments via credit card.
- Prepare monthly reports for lockbox metrics.
- Responsibility for remote check deposit process.
- Review and respond to requests to receive electronic (ACH)
- Enter or approve outgoing wire transfers as needed.
- Takes responsibility for project load, while being able to
appropriately communicate with supervisors (Treasury Senior and
Associate Director) to ensure agreement on direction of the
project, status, issue and issue resolution.
- Provide backup support for other personnel within the
department as necessary.
- Systems testing for finance and accounting systems.
- Special projects as needed; perform other job-related duties as
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict confidentiality in matters that require discretion.
- 3-4 years' experience with complex cash applications in a high
volume setting as well as Treasury experience.
- High school degree minimum; college courses a plus.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite of software programs
(Excel, Word, etc.) and adept at learning new software programs;
experience with CMS (Aderant) a plus. Comfortable using internet /
online banking software, and experience with image enabled
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
compose correspondence and convey necessary information regarding
client payment issues clearly and professionally.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability
to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines.
- Strong commitment to customer service. Interpersonal skills to
deal with a wide variety of internal customers.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Results-oriented; takes initiative.
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, willing to work additional hours when needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of
health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual
lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment
opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited
to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits
and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment
all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories,
in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state
and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP, Downers Grove , Cash Management Associate, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!