Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
LOCATION: Downers Grove
JOB TITLE: A.M. Part Time Weekend Only Equipment Cleaner
BASE RATE PER HOUR: $18.00
HOURS: Generally, starts as early as 5:45 AM until finish.
Overtime and weekend work as needed. Starting times and hours may
vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production
schedule especially during holidays. Good attendance and
JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
- Must disassemble, clean, and reassemble production equipment,
requiring understanding and retention of set procedures and the
ability to detect variations from standard.
- Must work in steam room (hot environment).
- Must maintain assigned areas according to set sanitation
- Must have some mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and
ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to operate a forklift truck and pass licensing
- Must move product scrap containers throughout plant as needed
(requires pushing/pulling up to 800 lbs.).
- Must operate a floor scrubber.
- Ability to work from heights on a ladder.
- Must remain on job for one year due to training
- Analyzes equipment performance and submit work orders
describing problems of the equipment and how it relates to inferior
production of product.
- Ensures all SQF, HACCP, CTS, SOP, Safety, and Hygiene standards
are adhered to.
- Communicates thoroughly with the previous shift's equipment
cleaners regarding unfinished task workload and or special requests
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists management in
solving work problems.
- Develop action plans and ensure follow through on obtaining
objectives for the department
- Complete/close out SAP work orders daily
- Maintains work area to "5S" cleanliness, housekeeping and
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Analytical - Ability to properly prioritize work, including a
basic ability to understand mechanical functions of equipment and
basic sanitation techniques.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification to
ensure understanding is reached within the communication
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, Able
to read and interpret written information and work procedures
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans daily work
assignments including MS, Uses time efficiently.
- Safety and Security - Ensure safety procedures are met; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly; Attend weekly pre-shift meetings on safety.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and
divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Must possess a high school diploma,
general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Two years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands, fingers and arms to reach, feel product and
manipulate materials and equipment
- Walk, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear
- Ability to use senses to diagnose and troubleshoot
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull heavy
loads on wheeled dollies
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to
vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne
particles, hot/cold temperature extremes, high industrial noise
levels, forklift traffic and wet environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
expected to comply with all safety regulations, support plant
safety initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize
prescribed safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety
shields, gloves, earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
Ability to deal with a changing work environment and
high-pressure situations. Must be able to work in a team
This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to
support operations activities.
Employees' approved vacation subject to change when bidding to a
There will be a 3-month evaluation period to ensure satisfactory
Must stay on the job one year.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.