Liability Claims Supervisor
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CorVel in is seeking a Liability Claims Supervisor. The Claims
Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of direct reports,
ensuring all quality, productivity and customer service criteria
are met while adhering to company policies and procedures. The
Claims Supervisor position is integral to the success of the
company and requires regular and consistent attendance, supporting
the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk
management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health
and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987
and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since
1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology
enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions
to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong,
supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core
values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time
regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental,
Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible
Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and
Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises claims staff in their day-to-day operations.
- Supports Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and
training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions.
- Assures peak performance of the team through continued training
and coaching, coupled with regular performance evaluations and
recommends merit activity, subject to manager's approval.
- Provides technical and jurisdictional guidance to claims staff
regarding complex Auto and GL exposures, investigation, litigation
issues and Special Handling Instructions.
- Functions as liaison, suggesting and implementing final
resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific,
procedural or special requests.
- Adheres to HIPPA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours
in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Adheres to all company policies, best practices and
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in the handling of Auto and General Liability
- Municipality Experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and
understanding of claims practice.
- Participate in Customer Claim Reviews and Presentations.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated, Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and
communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax,
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Demonstrated Public Speaking Skills.
- Minimum 5 years' experience handling Auto and General Liability
claims, including high exposure losses and litigation.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in an Insurance
- Municipality experience is preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace,
and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel, Downers Grove , Liability Claims Supervisor, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!