Associate Consultant (Bookkeeper)
Company: Ryan, LLC
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Associate Consultant assists team members with a variety of
tasks to provide client engagement support and coordination. The
Associate Consultant ensures all support needs are met and assists
with both engagement and non-engagement tasks. The incumbent
provides basic administrative support to team members and is
available to work overtime and travel as needed to assist with
projects at client sites. Duties detailed below are core, and can
vary somewhat, depending on the practice area to which an Associate
Consultant is assigned.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Collaborate with team members to streamline reporting and
- Share new ideas and creative suggestions with team members and
- Maintain a professional demeanor with all parties at all
- Gathers and organizes relevant data and work papers from
client, state agencies, client vendors and other Ryan teams.
- Researches and learns about client operations and
- Assists with preparation of monthly client project status and
other client deliverables.
- Drafts emails, memos, letters, confirmation requests, and
responses to client inquiries and requests from state & local tax
- Travels to client site to perform field work.
- Processes information for analysis, program application or
- Assists manager with preparation of presentations and other
- Ensure adherence to Work plan.
- Prioritize time spent on assignments in the most efficient and
- Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all
- Work efficiently consistently adheres to tax calendar
- Identify new opportunities for cross-selling or expanding
- Provide basic administrative support including filing, making
- Tracks and records time and expenses.
- Always adhere to the Client Service Principles.
- Effectively utilize the myRyan work environment to achieve
- Prepares e-mails, memos, letters, and confirmation
- Utilizes strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading
- Develop communication and presentation skills.
- Remain poised when an unexpected question comes from a
Principal, client, auditor, etc. and be able to deliver an
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters.
- Gain an understanding of all Ryan Practice Areas and service
- Gain an understanding of how to keep current with major
developing tax compliance changes (i.e. rulings, statutes,
- Develop knowledge of financial systems and processes (i.e.
Workday, RIBS, FACT, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to collect, review, and fully understand
client-provided data, regardless of the data source.
- Diversify knowledge of jurisdictions and industries by
proactively asking questions or completing research.
- Gain a reputation within the team for being a subject matter
expert (i.e. database skills, creative application of tax return
and jurisdiction changes, etc.)
Education and Experience:
Two-year (associate) college degree, with minimum of three years
related practice-specific experience OR four-year, any major,
degree from accredited university, with minimum overall GPA of
2.80. No experience required. Accounting and financial knowledge,
experience, and education a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and
Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all
levels of the Firm; interface with clients and external vendors as
- Independent travel requirement: 10%.
- 40+ hour standard workweek requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: Ryan, LLC, Downers Grove , Associate Consultant (Bookkeeper), Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!