Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit .
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and
cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical
components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are
engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in
engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and
airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine
and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace
industry, is seeking a Quality Supervisor our facility located in
Downers Grove, Illinois. This position would report to the Quality
Assurance Director. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for
managing audits by regulatory agencies and customers and
manage/update controlled documents. This includes preparation for
audits by creation of an audit plan and ensuring all documentation
and processes meet various AS9100, Nadcap, and customer
requirements. Leading all audit activities during any quality audit
and following up on audit responses. This individual will also be
responsible for ensuring that our processes and documentation are
compliant with applicable standards.
- Accountable for the performance of the QC inspectors in terms
of effective inspections (preventing escapes) and
- Manage, lead, evaluate, and develop a team of 15-20 quality
inspectors across three shifts.
- Responsible for the scheduling, assignment, prioritization,
coaching, training and evaluation of the QC inspectors.
- Responsible for the appointment, training and oversight of the
DSQRs (Designated Supplier Quality Representatives).
- Representing Quality Control and reporting QC Inspection
performance at daily management meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and administering the Certified
Operator Program as an extension of the QC Inspection team.
- Responsible for the compilation and review of first article
- Responsible for the compilation of certification packages
required for product release.
- Manage in a way that strives to meet the expectations of
multiple internal customers
- Other duties as required.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the
marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a
US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; especially in an engineering or
- At least five years of experience working in a manufacturing
- At least three years of leadership experience in a
- A minimum of five years' experience in a Quality position
preferably with an Aerospace manufacturer.
- Previous experience with AS9100 and NADCAP standards strongly
- Previous experience with first article inspection per the
AS9102 standard strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with the 8D problem solving method and
quality improvement tools such as PFMEAs strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications such as Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel. Minimum of an intermediate level user.
- Previous experience managing cross-functional teams to
accomplish complex projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and maintain a professional demeanor when
interacting with internal personnel, customers, suppliers and
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Rexnord, Downers Grove , Quality Supervisor, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!