Area Lead of Personal Services
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Don't just live life---.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our
passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your
career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own
lasting impression. Lifespace Communities would like to introduce
the opportunity to become an Area Lead of Personal Services based
in the Chicago, Illinois area.-- The area lead of personal services
is responsible for providing services to residents of independent
living, marketing support of personal services and responsible for
the overall support to the management of the home health
A few other details about the role:
- Review resident referrals and respond to personal service
requests and inquiries.
- Support Marketing of personal services to residents.
- Monitor resident charges and update service contracts annually
for community use. Contact family members as necessary.
- Ensure resident satisfaction levels are achieved through
quality and hospitality services and initiatives.
- Participate in hiring, supervising, training, performance
management and corrective action as assigned.
- Responsible for team member engagement, relations, recognition
- Ensure operating, inventory and labor budget parameters are
achieved; implement cost controls and author variance reporting, as
- Assist in initiating resident billing for services rendered for
- Knowledge of home health software and training of users to
provide productive scheduling and accurate billing of home care
- Knowledge of billing long term care insurance for private duty
home care services
- Reporting of department key performance indicators
- Respond to emergency situations and follow procedures as
established by agency and communities served.
- Implement and assist in evaluating the progress of strategic
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support,
actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of
the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and
fluent in the language and service pillars of Living
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
- Position may require some outside travel.
- During emergencies or natural disasters may be required to be
on duty for the duration of the disaster. And here's what you need
- Three to five years applicable experience in providing senior
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications required by state regulations
- Experience in private duty marketing, billing, scheduling, and
leading a team is preferred.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors,
and team members.
- Ability to work with excel, Microsoft word and Microsoft office
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS : The physical
activities of this position constantly require effective talking,
hearing, sitting, walking, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, and
standing. The position also often involves medium work, exerting up
to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds
frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Frequent repetitive motion activities are also required. Must be
able to perform activities with close visual acuity such as, read
printed material and computer screen, and operate of medical
equipment and using measurement device. The functions of this
position are conducted in a temperature controlled environment with
occasional exposure to hot and cold temperature. May be exposed to
communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, cleaning chemicals,
dust, odors and a variety of different pets. INTELLECTUAL/EMOTIONAL
REQUIREMENTS : The occupant of this position must be able to
perform the responsibilities of the position well under pressure.
The position requires adaptability to performing a variety of
duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of
efficiency or composure. This position requires the ability to deal
with and find resolution to problems and maintain a productive
working relationship with team members, and may be interrupted
frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. It also
requires adaptability to fluctuate between priorities on a daily
basis while being responsive to needs as they arise. Lifespace has
enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning.
With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your
Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience
Living Lifespace. ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Lifespace Communities
headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the nation's
largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement
communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340
million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Lifespace has remained
true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially
sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and
secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and
innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of
seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents. The Lifespace
Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida Accessibility: If you need
an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Downers Grove , Area Lead of Personal Services, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!