Machine Operator I
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 16, 2021
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup
cards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Set up and operate production machines - Rough O.D. grinders,
Cut-off Machines, Finish O.D. grinders, Deburr machines all in
accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Make adjustments to machine settings to complete tasks
accurately, according to specifications and in a timely
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and
locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging
equipment such as Federal gauges and plug gauges.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed.
- Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company
quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Rotate between various work centers as required and perform
other related duties as assigned.
- Enters data into SAP system.
- Prepare and maintain quality records.
- Supports Continuous Improvement/RBS activities.
- Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean
and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various types of manufacturing
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a
US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating
Non-CNC manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions,
blueprints and diagrams in English.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical
- Responsible for quality of work in the work center.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up
work centers, inspect work pieces and make machine adjustments,
which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight
material. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally and stand
for an entire shift.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company (NYSE:RXN). Within our two platforms, we serve a
wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest,
most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our
industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design,
manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered
mechanical components used within complex systems where our
customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or
downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design,
procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance
water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which
customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and
project cost, and our service levels. We believe in a core business
philosophy of continuous improvement that leverages the Rexnord
Business System (RBS) to drive consistency and enable growth.
Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,500 associates worldwide.
Rexnord Filament Bearing Plant
The Rexnord Filament Bearing Plant manufactures precision high
capacity self-lubricating composite bearings for the aerospace,
military and commercial markets. Tuflite-- bearings, for the
aerospace and military markets, are used in commercial and military
aircraft applications, submerged and surface ship applications, as
well as tracked vehicle and land based support equipment. Duralon--
bearings and Rex RPT-- bearings are used in such commercial
applications as recreational vehicles, construction equipment,
hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, valves and actuators, and food
processing equipment. Our global customer base includes OEM's, tier
suppliers, and commercial distribution.
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of Non-CNC controlled
machines and or hand tools to produce precision machined components
with in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules
and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. This Position
is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety,
quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the Machining
Keywords: Rexnord, Downers Grove , Machine Operator I, Other , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!