Solutions Engineer, Chicago, IL
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Be unstoppable with us!T-Mobile is synonymous with
innovation-and you could be part of the team that disrupted an
entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to
the nation, and now we're shaping the future of technology in
wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so
consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow
with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us.
Together, we won't stop!Solutions Engineer, Wireless
The Solutions Engineer (SE) partners with Business Sales to sell
T-Mobile for Business products and services by leveraging their
strong technical skills, experience, and industry knowledge. SEs
engage in pre-sales activities by consulting on customer
opportunities to gain understanding of their business, identify
their business challenges, and develop solutions which meet their
needs. The SE architects and designs solutions utilizing T-Mobile
or partner business solutions, equipment and network. SEs provide
technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations,
as well as providing answers to customer's technical inquiries.
SEs further support Business Sales by reviewing specific customer
opportunities and sales funnels. SEs will keep the Business Sales
teams they support apprised of relevant technologies and industry
trends. They will also consult with Sales on the technical aspects
of T-Mobile for business products and services. As needed, SEs
partner with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales Ops, and Care
teams to provide feedback, support special projects, and engage in
market-level opportunities. SEs maintain their technical skills and
industry expertise by participating in internal and external
training opportunities. SEs also pursue and maintain partner or
industry certification as required for their position.
Wireless Solutions Engineers (Wireless SE) also:
*Understand and present T-Mobile wireless network and related key
*Maintain expert-level knowledge of wireless handsets, mobile
hotspots, tablets, and key wireless devices
*Maintain expert-level knowledge of wireless-related Value-Added
*Facilitate wireless network coverage analysis
*Discuss and assist with processing In-Building Coverage
*Understand and present product roadmaps as needed
*Understand and present network coverage/network build-out plans as
*Assist with post-sale support/escalations as needed
*High-level portfolio awareness of T-Mobile Global Wireline
Solutions network, solutions, and technologiesResponsibilities
- *Aligns to support an SMB sales team in-market.
- *Participate in customer meetings, primarily face to face.
- *Facilitate coverage analysis and review with customers.
- *Discuss and assist with processing In-Building coverage
- *Uncover opportunities and recommend solutions
- *Understanding nuances and drivers
- *Design and architect services and solutions
- *Close technical hurdles
- *Prepare and present technical customer presentations
- *Present product roadmaps
- *Present network build-out plans.
- *Demonstrate wireless devices and solutions to customers.
- *Provide RFP technical input
- *Strategize with Sales team to improve Regional/National
- *Participate in account reviews with customers
- *Own customer technical relationships
- *Supports customer pilots.
- *Supports complex customer opportunities in sophisticated
customer segments such as Enterprise and Public Sector.
- *Provides Subject Matter Expertise in at least one area of
focus (SDWAN/Edge, Security, Mobile Internet/Routers, etc.)---
- *Maintaining technical knowledge by attend training in assigned
- *Maintaining adequate level of industry expertise
- *Pursue industry certification appropriate to role
- *T-Mobile wireless network and related key technologies
- *Wireless handsets, mobile hotspots, tablets, and key wireless
- *Wireless-related Value-Added Solutions
- *High-level understanding of T-Mobile Global Wireline Solutions
network, products, and technologies.
- Post-Sales Activities:
- *Ensure a positive customer experience
- *Assist w/ high-level support and troubleshooting
- *Open tickets and engage appropriate support resources
- *Train Sales on technical topics, product updates, Tech
- *Customer Trainings
- *Product/Network/Marketing road-show webinars
- *Provides Training and Mentoring to Associate SEs as
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by
business management as needed.Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelors Degree STEM area of study strongly preferred.
- 4-7 years Experience in telecommunications, IT administration
or network engineering roles with a professional track record of
successful solution sales, managing internal/external relationships
in a matrix environment.
- Experience supporting Enterprise and Public Sector
- Technical Leadership
- Project Management
- Communication Excellent oral and written communications; strong
- Sales Experience with Sales Methodologies.
- Applications Proficiency with business application
- Strategic Leadership Ability to provide strategic direction in
a leadership role.
- Technical Presentations Ability to create and deliver technical
- Subject Matter Expertise in at least one area of focus
(SDWAN/Edge, Security, Mobile Internet/Routers, etc.) Minimum
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless precluded
from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines "fully
vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and
Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination prior to successful
applicant's first day of work, and will consider requests for
exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a
reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held
religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile
undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of
others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.Never stop
growing!T-Mobile doesn't have a corporate ladder-it's more like a
jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in
their careers, because it's that shared drive to aim high that
drives our business and our culture forward.If you'd like to
receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the
T-Mobile Talent Community today! T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment
relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status,
citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or
mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or
harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent
with how we do business and will not be tolerated.Talent comes in
all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a
disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the
application or interview process, please let us know by emailing
ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500.
Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or
inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to
non-accommodation related requests.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Downers Grove , Solutions Engineer, Chicago, IL, IT / Software / Systems , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!