Phlebotomist-Technical (Full Time, AM Shift) Good Samaritan Hospital
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Phlebotomist-Technical (Full Time, AM Shift) Good Samaritan
Hospital Job ID: R34099 Shift: 1st Full/Part Time:
Full_timeLocation: 3815 Highland Ave Downers Grove, IL
60515Benefits Eligible: Yes Hours Per Week: 40Phlebotomist-
Technical Full Time Days, 8 hour shifts Rotating start times: 4am,
4:30am, 5am, and 5:30am Rotating weekends and holidays Good
Samaritan Hospital Purpose:To collect quality blood specimens from
patients, to perform EKG testing (site specific), and to perform
limited laboratory analysis in all clinical areas in a manner that
is technically appropriate, cost effective and patient focused,
according to approved departmental policies and procedures.Position
- Phlebotomy certification: PBT (ASCP)/NAP/ACA/NHA/AMT/NCCT NCMA
certification also accepted. EKG certification if applicable within
1 year of hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years previous patient care delivery
- Previous laboratory experience in specimen handling and simple
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult
- Ability to work rotating shifts and day of the week, including
- Ability to rotate to other ACL site.
- Endurance for long periods of standing, bending, and walking
carrying phlebotomy equipment throughout hospital.
- Exposure to contagious diseases, potentially biohazardous
specimen and materials.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
- Daily Operations: Collects laboratory specimens to include
blood, throat and nasal cultures, urine, urine drug screen and
invasive nasopharyngeal swab collections, from patients of all ages
in accordance with accepted laboratory standards, policies and
procedures (operational and safety) in order to ensure optimal
specimen integrity and accurate test results.
- Maintains competency in phlebotomy skills and assists in the
orientation and training of newly hired phlebotomists and
- Triages and processes specimen efficiently and accurately
according to policy and procedure (site specific).
- Performs EKG testing ensuring accurate results from
computerized electrocardiograms and rhythm strips are provided for
Cardiologist interpretation (site specific).
- Performs limited laboratory test analyses, under general
supervision in all areas of the lab as needed.
- Provider Involvement
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Downers Grove , Phlebotomist-Technical (Full Time, AM Shift) Good Samaritan Hospital, IT / Software / Systems , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!