Human Resources Coordinator
Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is looking to
hire a human rescources coordinator in Downers Grove, IL. Position
Summary: A human resources (HR) coordinator is a professional who
completes administrative duties for the human resources department.
The HR Coordinator will assist with recruitment, maintain employee
records, and support all functions necessary within the HR
department. Essential Job Duties:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee
requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9 and verified I-9 documentation.
- Assists with preparation for new hire orientation along with
the support of the HR team.
- Assists with the tracking and maintaining of employee records
which consist of training and attendance records.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status
of candidates in the HR system and responds with follow-up of
candidates at the end of the recruiting process.
- Provide support in the overall efforts to recruit and engage in
retention efforts plant wide.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and
performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or GED required. Associate's Degree in human
- 2-4 years of experience in HR or in an administrative position
preferred. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete
necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with
fellow employees and/or customers. Reasoning Ability: Ability to
apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving
ability. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly
required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The
employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up
to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than
50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting
device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather
conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to
extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud. Required Personal Protective
EquipmentEmployee is required to wear proper safety eyewear,
hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the
plant floor. All qualified applicants shall be treated equally
according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!