Physical Therapist I - Acute Care Good Samaritan (Part-Time)
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 25, 2022
***OFFERING A $2500 SIGN-ON BONUS*** Major Responsibilities:
- Performance of evaluations in a thorough and timely manner in
accordance with established departmental and professional standards
and procedures resulting in clinically accurate Physical Therapy
- Collects pertinent patient historical information.
- Selects and administers appropriate diagnostic and functional
- Analyzes and interprets the results.
- Performance and implementation of Physical Therapy programs for
patients in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with
established departmental and professional standards and
- Develops functional, realistic achievable long term goals that
reflect the patients potential and interest.
- Develops measurable short term goals and revises and upgrades
them as patient progresses through treatment.
- Provides treatment consistent with patients skills and modifies
treatment to attain goals.
- Utilizes purposeful therapeutic exercises and modalities for
preventing, correcting and/or minimizing disabling effects.
- Fabricates/adapts orthotics to enhance functional
- Develops discharge plan at initial evaluation and revises
discharge plan in collaboration with patient, family, physician,
other care givers, and case managers.
- Demonstrates appropriate psychosocial interventions based on
age and development status.
- Makes recommendations for appropriate transitions within a
continuum of care and follow-up activities.
- Provides direction to Rehab technicians regarding patient care
- Communication of patient-related information to nursing and
other healthcare providers to facilitate continuity of care and
implementation of treatment recommendations.
- Confers with patients physician and nursing staff.
- Prepares and maintains patient reports, progress notes and
related records in a thorough, organized accurate and timely
- Documents according to guidelines set forth by Accrediting
Organization, CARF, APTA, managed care and Rehab Services.
- Provision of information and guidance to patients and families
regarding the nature and severity of their physical disorders,
current treatment programs, prognosis for recovery, techniques
designed to enhance carry over of desired behaviors and any safety
or ethical issues related to patient's deficits.
- Assesses patient/family knowledge and understanding to
determine at what level teaching is be implemented.
- Teaches and reinforces knowledge providing literature as
- Instructs patients/families in home exercise program and use of
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching program.
- Understanding the impact of managed care on provision of PT
- Stays abreast of primary managed care therapy coverage and
- Incorporates and modifies treatment plans according to an
individual patients benefits.
- Participation in professional development.
- Attends in-services within the department as well as outside
- Keeps informed of changes occurring within Rehab Services and
- Shares information obtained at continuing education events with
- Participation in departmental administrative processes, ongoing
process improvement, quality assurance and safety programs.
- Provides data and/or input required for quality assurance
- Participates on process improvement teams.
- Evaluates environmental safety and provides environment that is
safe based on age and development status.
- Follows hospital infection control and safety protocols.
- Ensures equipment maintenance procedures.
- Completes patient billing process and follows scheduling
procedure, as directed.
- Assumes other related responsibilities as assigned. Licensure:
- Eligible for licensure to practice in Illinois
- 0-3 Credential for PedsEducation/Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy
- Recognizes needs and behaviors of specific age groups of
patients treated.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in application of a variety of modalities and
therapeutic techniques.Physical Requirements and Working
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening
- Direct contact with body fluids
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, transferring patients.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (lifting 50 to 100 pounds
occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds frequently and/or 10 to 20
- Ability to assist, escort, transfer, and respond to patient
needs for extended periods of time.
- Services provided on weekends and holidays and during early
- Off campus locations
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement
effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without
assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is
unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is
expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when
available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be
assessed on a case-by-case basis.This job description indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Downers Grove , Physical Therapist I - Acute Care Good Samaritan (Part-Time), Healthcare , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!