Plating Lab Assistant
Company: Bales Metal Surface Solutions
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Plating Lab Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting Lab Manager with the
analyzing and maintaining of all chemical baths to optimal
performance. Perform all responsibilities within established safety
- Represent company by presenting a clean and neatly groomed
appearance, and pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Assist in analyzing and maintaining chemical baths according to
- Update logbooks associated with chemicals used, stored and
- Maintain equipment used in lab including but not limited to
calibration, verify tank chemistry, update logs, etc.
- Participate in disposal of chemical and solid waste with
- Maintain chemical tags, labels, signage, and markings.
- Perform and maintain inventory of consumable chemical
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Communicate all problems and work-related issues to supervisor
and managers in affected department.
- Drive forklift or use carts to distribute materials to proper
- Receive, understand, and follow all written and oral
- Complete all assigned departmental functions including all
paperwork associated with position.
- Confer with management as needed to provide information,
resolve problems; communicate unresolved issues to appropriate
personnel for solution.
- Contribute to company goals by initiating continuous
improvement, participating in ISO requirements, suggesting changes
based on experience, accomplishing related results as required and
working effectively with other employees and departments.
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards by reporting to work
everyday as expected and scheduling time away in advance of absence
- Maintain clean and safe working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as discovered and as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field strongly
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry.
- Advanced knowledge in mathematics.
- Proficient use of assigned tools and equipment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, organize and perform work
accurately and detail orientation required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Stamina to work all required hours.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, twist, bend 100% of the
- Use of hands 100% of the workday
- 20/40 vision required with or without correction.
- Ability to hear and speak 100% of the workday
- Ability to wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment as
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 pounds without
assistance occasionally during the workday.
- Ability to work in a shop environment - frequent exposure to
loud noises and chemicals.
Keywords: Bales Metal Surface Solutions, Downers Grove , Plating Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!