Plating Lab Assistant
Company: Bales Metal Surface Solutions
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Plating Lab Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting Lab Manager with the
analyzing and maintaining of all chemical baths to optimal
performance. Perform all responsibilities within established safety
1. Represent company by presenting a clean and neatly groomed
appearance, and pleasant and professional demeanor.
2. Assist in analyzing and maintaining chemical baths according to
3. Update logbooks associated with chemicals used, stored and
4. Maintain equipment used in lab including but not limited to
calibration, verify tank chemistry, update logs, etc.
5. Participate in disposal of chemical and solid waste with outside
6. Maintain chemical tags, labels, signage, and markings.
7. Perform and maintain inventory of consumable chemical
8. Maintain organized and clean work area.
9. Communicate all problems and work-related issues to supervisor
and managers in affected department.
10. Drive forklift or use carts to distribute materials to proper
11. Receive, understand, and follow all written and oral
12. Complete all assigned departmental functions including all
paperwork associated with position.
13. Confer with management as needed to provide information,
resolve problems; communicate unresolved issues to appropriate
personnel for solution.
14. Contribute to company goals by initiating continuous
improvement, participating in ISO requirements, suggesting changes
based on experience, accomplishing related results as required and
working effectively with other employees and departments.
15. Maintain acceptable attendance standards by reporting to work
everyday as expected and scheduling time away in advance of absence
16. Maintain clean and safe working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
17. Other duties as discovered and as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & SKILLS
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in related field strongly
2. Advanced knowledge of chemistry.
3. Advanced knowledge in mathematics.
4. Proficient use of assigned tools and equipment.
5. Ability to manage time effectively, organize and perform work
accurately and detail orientation required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Stamina to work all required hours.
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, twist, bend 100% of the
3. Use of hands 100% of the workday
4. 20/40 vision required with or without correction.
5. Ability to hear and speak 100% of the workday
6. Ability to wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment as
7. Ability to travel as required.
8. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 pounds without
assistance occasionally during the workday.
9. Ability to work in a shop environment - frequent exposure to
loud noises and chemicals.
Keywords: Bales Metal Surface Solutions, Downers Grove , Plating Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!