IT Project Manager/Program Manager
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Skiltrek is seeking an experienced Senior IT Project Manager/Program Manager to plan and manage complex IT projects with multiple parallel work-streams and technical teams (internal + outsourced).
This role will work closely with the Transformation Office, including the Chief Strategy Officer and those that report to them. The Transformation Office essentially works to bring more students to their institutions and increase revenue. They will also work alongside IT functions to see how things are being delivered. This team keeps a handle on all programs and does everything in an Agile fashion.
Project execution supports key business objectives, ongoing operations, and may cross business segments. The individual in this role will have a track record of project delivery success and will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help communicate, organize and manage information technology projects to maximize the benefits for our stakeholders and business segment customers.
Given the strategic importance of the anticipated scope of the projects, stakeholder management within IT and with our business leaders will be critical to project success. Another key outcome of this project will be a refresh of our project delivery standards and expectations as it will reset the bar for project delivery excellence.
o Drive collaboration across teams and departments.
o Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with customers.
o Recommend resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative efforts.
* Project Delivery:
o Deliver projects on time and within budget.
o Share accountability and full ownership with technical lead to ensure project success.
o Recommend changes to project phases as needed to address challenges in meeting original project scope.
o Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and propose changes to project team makeup and scope in effort to continue progress towards deliverables.
o Convey goals and objectives to project team members in a clear and compelling manner.
o Produce timely, concise project status reports that clearly articulate project health.
o Ensure that risks, issues and decisions are clearly communicated to team members and stakeholders.
o Ensure and promote open communication on the project teams.
o Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
* Change Management:
o Recognize the impact corporate culture has on the success of projects and know how to effectively work within the organization to achieve project objectives.
o Remain abreast of how projects align with overall short and long term goals.
* 8-10+ years of IT Project/Program Management experience (must come from IT background!)
* Extensively follows Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban) experience -- everything is defined and executed through IT in an Agile fashion
* Jira and ADO (Azure DevOps)
* Microsoft Excel -- Pivots Tables, vLookups, write formulas, Data manipulation
* Microsoft PowerPoint -- ability to put together solid decks of their own works and speak to it -- must have detail
* Impeccable communication -- ability to communicate/present to C-Level execs and work with cross-functional teams to roll up their sleeves and get projects done
* Lead complex projects involving multiple departments that have significant impact on business productivity and operations.
* Independently manage timelines, resources, budget and implementation efforts.
Keywords: Skiltrek, Downers Grove , IT Project Manager/Program Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
here to apply!