Company: ABM Industries, Inc.
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 20, 2023
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM's benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits - Staff & Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility of the Grounds Manager is to direct daily operations related to the grounds maintenance. Essential aspects of this position include: - Executes the overall exterior grounds/maintenance goals of the district administration. - Leads Grounds crews for (4) high schools. o Trains and mentors' grounds team members. o Manages crew leaders and hourly team members as well as tasks, equipment, supplies and records. - Responsible for the general conditions of high schools' grounds and support facilities. o Mowing, trimming, horticulture work, tree work, leaf removal, mulching. - Responsible for the care and maintenance of athletic fields. Mowing, field marking, field preparations, equipment set-up/teardowns. - Responsible for the equipment inventory and maintenance of all district grounds equipment. - Responsible for the removal of snow from parking lots, walkways, high traffic areas. - Responsible for the applying of salt to parking lots, walkways, high traffic areas. - Responsible for weed control management of turf and non-turf areas (may require coordination with district contractors. - Responsible for the cleanliness of grounds, athletic fields, and stadium complexes. - Responsible for facility moves and set-ups (tables, chairs, tents, platforms, etc.). - Responsible for property, grounds, field inspections. - Plans and monitors preventive maintenance program for all grounds related equipment. - Participates in meeting with team members, district personnel, and outside contractors. - Coordinates grounds projects with district vendors and contractors. - Tracks and records inventory, supplies, logs, invoices, inspections, etc. - On call during winter months for snow removal. - Safety leader
COMPETENCIES Successful candidate must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs - Speak, read, and write English (Spanish helpful).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lead and influence people.
- Understands specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings for installation, maintenance and repair of structures and equipment.
- Knowledge in use of fertilizers, sprayers, and other turf-building practices.
- Knowledge of sports fields (baseball, softball, grass and sports turf football fields, soccer fields, lacrosse, track and field). - Mechanically inclined to maintain and repair grounds equipment.
- Skilled in handling power tools necessary to the job. - Ability to do heavy work outdoors in extreme conditions/elements.
- Ability to operate lawn care equipment (rider mowers, zero-turn mowers, utility vehicles, skid steers, field groomers, tractors, front loaders, back-hoe, forklifts, snow blowers, snowplows.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (cold, heat, wind, rain, snow).
- Maintain Illinois Pesticide Licenses
- General Standards, Turf, Ornamentals. - Maintain Valid Driver's License
- Pass Motor Vehicle check.
- Snow removal of large-scale commercial properties.
- Follows all company, client, and regulatory policies.
- A Criminal Background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED and Supervisory Experience required.
- Degree in Horticulture, Landscaping, Turf Management preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid state driver's license. - Must obtain Pesticide license in turf and ornamentals.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: ABM Industries, Inc., Downers Grove , Grounds Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
here to apply!