Director of Food & Nutrition
Company: Aurora Health Care
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: March 16, 2023
3075 Highland Pkwy
Downers Grove, IL 60515 Benefits Eligible:
Yes Major Responsibilities:
- Directly accountable to establish and execute upon strategic
plan and leading enterprise-wide operational strategies. Develops,
communicates, and executes all strategic innovative planning
- Directly accountable for the development of standardized work
processes, including the utilization of best practices driving
- Oversees new projects including construction and
- Directs and executes regulatory agency standards/ initiatives-
oversight of the food management, food safety process and clinical
- Ensures a continuous improvement mindset in relation to
Advocate Aurora food management/safety audit process.
- Directs and executes retention and recruiting initiatives for
both FNS team members and managers, assuring all retention
strategies are implemented and documented
- Identifies and leads initiatives around the implementation of
new products and services at sites.
- Leads the product compliance for patient and retail menu
utilization across all sites operations from an inventory
management and safety perspective.
- Establishes all efficiency targets for site operations and
- Accountable for Team Member and Customer satisfaction in regard
to site operations.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which
include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions,
staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes,
resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations,
and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and
controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the
organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that
personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply
with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the
organization's business.Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.Experience
- Typically requires 7 years of experience in food service a
large or multi- hospital setting or multi-regional enterprise
operations. Includes 3 years of management experience in healthcare
management.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Solving complex problems using sophisticated analytical thought
/judgement to identify innovative solutions.
- Advanced and expert level skills in food and nutrition
programs, practices, hospitality, and customer service.
- Experience leading teams and complex projects with significant
resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Ability in interpreting internal and external business
challenges and recommends solutions/best practices to improve
products, processes, and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to
communicate difficult concepts, and negotiate with others to adopt
a different point of view.
- Experience in leading and facilitating group meetings and
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service
skills- able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor under
pressure exhibiting effective crisis management skills.
- Self-directed and independent in decision making.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational
abilities, priority management, and statistical analysis
- Ability to design and conduct educational programs and
presentations.Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position requires travel, therefore, will be exposed to
weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.This job description
indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the
incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the
incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related
duties. Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and
inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives
in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make
each of us unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our
abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Aurora Health Care, Downers Grove , Director of Food & Nutrition, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...