VP of Operations
Company: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: August 6, 2022
If you're someone who has a genuine desire to help people live
better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted
resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at
real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to
immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally,
intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness
to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we'd like
to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of
the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Career growth opportunities
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic
products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the
fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so,
Fresh Thyme Market is the place for you! Our unique business model,
fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture,
and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the
grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our
inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for providing
customer-focused leadership across all stores. This position is
accountable for evaluating and effectively communicating the
potential impact of corporate strategy on operations and promoting
an environment that drives sales and encourages process
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Drives operational standards, strategic planning and execution to
drive results in the areas of customer satisfaction, sales and
profitability/ROI, and quality/safety.
* Provides strategic direction and ongoing leadership to direct
reports for effective execution of all store-related aspects,
including ordering, merchandising, marketing initiatives,
inventory, financials, cost controls, team development/training and
all system related processes for functionality of the store.
* Determines regional and store operating budgets and sales plans.
Approve and drive the projection process. Evaluate store results;
adjust plans (sales, gross, labor).
* Fosters a culture that leverages empowered problem solving and
engagement to ignite a passion to serve the customer and promote
continuous improvement. Drive operational improvements by
identifying standards opportunities and implement solutions within
the framework of process.
* Oversee programs and processes designed to protect customers,
associates, and assets, which includes proper selection, screening
and training of loss prevention teams, effective methods of
internal and external investigations and operation policies and
procedures to guide loss prevention personnel in executing their
* Direct the development, implementation and maintenance of
business continuity across all stores.
* Establish and maintain effective external relations with the
* Monitor local competitor activities and provide feedback to
marketing. Reviews local market research as appropriate for
* Interacts regularly with executive team and individual department
heads to ensure that company's operational priorities are aligned
with total company direction.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Travel approximately 50 - 75%
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent grocery industry experience
* 10+ years' experience leading teams in a grocery retail
* Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
* Grocery category product knowledge preferred.
* Financial, mathematical, statistical and consumer research
experience preferred to read, interpret and understand how internal
and external factors influence financial results.
Key Competencies Desired for Success:
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and
translating them into breakthrough strategies. Articulates a clear
vision for the business; maintains a long-term, big-picture view;
foresees obstacles and opportunities; generates breakthrough ideas.
Keeps abreast of global and regional trends that impact the
business or organization (e.g., technological, competitive, social,
economic); understands the position of the organization within a
global context; promotes a global mindset when looking at issues
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges
with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Develops
strategies that can be translated into specific objectives and
plans (with contingencies); integrates and aligns efforts across
functions, locations, and/or businesses; has realistic yet
aggressive timeframes for achieving objectives.
Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals. Assigns clear
authority and accountability, directs initiatives while maintaining
operating effectiveness; monitors results. Plans to make sure
critical resources are lined up for organizational priorities.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals
and the organization's goals. Fosters personal development and
excellence; nurtures commitment to a common vision and shared
values; gives people opportunity and latitude to grow and achieve;
inspires others to address new challenges.
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are
uncertain or the way forward is not clear. Applies broad knowledge
and previous experience when addressing complex issues; defines
issues clearly despite ambiguity; takes all critical information
into account when making decisions.
Character and Personal Attributes:
* Creates an environment that facilitates the collection of input
and ideas from others; fosters collaboration across the
organization; removes barriers to collaboration and teamwork;
anticipates and works to resolve potential or emerging
* Sets and pursues aggressive goals; drives results; demonstrates a
strong commitment to organizational success; works to do what is
best for all stakeholders (e.g., customers, ownership,
* Takes decisive action and leads through difficult initiatives,
champions' new ideas and initiatives; projects self-assurance and
unshakable confidence; decisively confronts and resolves
* Treats all individuals fairly and with respect; performs in
accord with expressed beliefs and commitments; maintains high
ethical standards and integrity.
* Maintains composure, resisting stress and working constructively
under pressure; responds resourcefully to change and ambiguity;
conveys an openness and desire for learning.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for
maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior
management, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
* Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
* Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
* Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
* Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
* Balance Frequently 34-66%
* Bend Occasionally 1-33%
* Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
* Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
* Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
* Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
* Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
* Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
* 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
* Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
* Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
* Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
* Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Downers Grove , VP of Operations, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!