Project Manager I
Company: System One
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Project Manager I Downers Grove, IL or Champaign, IL System One
is currently looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager
to join our client's Project Management Department in Downers
Grove, IL or Champaign, IL. This is a great opportunity to get
involved in interesting and challenging design projects for various
clients in the Food & Beverage industry. Project Manager I
- Support the Senior Project Manager with the execution of all
aspects of the project including managing the staff, providing
vision and strategic leadership, monitoring project schedules and
budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality, and directing
the complete technical operations of the project.
- Direct and manage the activities of Project Engineers, Project
Assistants and support personnel in the planning, scheduling,
design quality and execution of projects.
- Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of each
assigned project for schedule compliance, budget compliance, and
scope and quality of deliverables.
- Build relationships and coordinate with the client and project
- Ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequately
addressed and implemented consistently within the contractual
- Organize and supervise the implementation of project management
systems and corporate quality systems for each project.
- Maintain a documentation file, accurately describing all
commercial, technical and financial correspondence.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly internal and client progress
reports; describing the schedule, manpower expenditures and work
scope for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately. Act as a
liaison between the client and the accounting department on
outstanding invoices over 90 days old.
- Identify and document that engineering change orders are being
processed in a timely fashion where additional work is identified
beyond original scope.
- Develop new business opportunities as a by-product of
relationship with clients. Participate in business development
- Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas,
technical information needs, staffing priorities and identify
solutions where necessary.
- Responsible to maintain proper staff levels to meet project
requirements. Develop, coach and track employee skill level in
technical and work management areas.
- Develops project proposals, proposal scopes of work, and
- Principal client contact for major accounts and manage multiple
- Performs field walk downs and data collection. Position
necessitates field activities, some climbing, and occasional
travel. Project Manager I Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other related field
- 5+ years of experience in the Food & Beverage Industry
- Experience applying standard engineering techniques,
procedures, and criteria to ensure compliance with safety and
- Experience executing projects in a food production
- Proficient with Process Engineering Computer Software
Additional Information: All qualified candidates are encouraged to
apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. System One
maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: System One, Downers Grove , Project Manager I, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!