Public Affairs Manager, Internal Communications
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 17, 2022
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE: Advocate Health System and
Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One
shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the 10 largest
not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our
combined strength and stability drives us forward.With our
dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the
places where we live and work, we'll touch more lives and
contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
- 70,000 Team Members
- 22,000 Nurses
- 3,300 Employed Physicians
- 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
Transforming Care: We're redefining the standard for care with
world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions,
outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical
trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical
This role will be responsible for internal communications,
executive communications, as well as issues and crisis management.
Focus is on providing creative, strategic and comprehensive
communication that will further elevate Advocate Aurora Health and
its senior leaders. Leader will be accountable for managing
internal communications across the enterprise, providing executive
communications support and other key organizational initiatives to
drive growth, with a strong focus on supporting Human Resources.
This position is part of a remote-first team. We're extremely
flexible, and this role is largely remote, with occasional meetings
on site in Downers Grove, IL.
- Contribute to the development and execution of an internal
communications strategy, to ensure effective communication across
the organization in support of business goals and objectives, with
a focus on Human Resources.
- Manages the strategic communications needs of executives and
key departments by providing appropriate counsel and comprehensive
communications solutions to meet Advocate Aurora Health's business
- Plans, directs and organizes content for Advocate Aurora
Health's publications and communications in support of the
organization's multi-faceted content strategy.
- Drives collaboration with all departments on broad, digital
first communication approach to internal and external
- Oversees the design, production and distribution of
communication through various vehicles and platforms.
- Plan for and respond quickly and effectively in the event of a
crisis. Prepare response strategy in conjunction with site and
- Holds a leadership position on the team, with direct
- This position is part of a remote-first team with occasional
meetings onsite.Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 7 years of experience in in supporting
public affairs, public relations, internal communications or issues
management.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong written and oral communications
- Deadline oriented, the ability to handle multiple tasks and
complete work accurately and within a short timeframe
- Self-starter, ability to advance key projects
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Executive sensibility
- Proven ability to navigate complex and time sensitive
- Results oriented
- Flexibility is necessary and long hours are often
requiredPhysical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position requires travel, therefore, will be exposed to
weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.This job description
indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the
incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the
incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Downers Grove , Public Affairs Manager, Internal Communications, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!