Manager Internal Audit
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 17, 2022
This position provides oversight and monitors the timely
performance of independent financial, operational and information
technology audits and special projects. The position performs
quality reviews of audit testing for accuracy, completeness and
alignment with Internal Audit policies. It oversees the timely
communication of audit results to Management that add value to the
areas audited. This position will assist in the oversight of the
coordination efforts for the external audit assistance. Critical
thinking is applied in providing recommendations that strengthen
and support internal controls, operations, culture and values.
Special projects may be assigned including the performance of
external audit assistance.This is primarily a remote, work from
home role. Flexibility to come on-site to Downers Grove or other
AAH locations as needed, on occasion, is required.
- Assists with the implementation and completion of the Audit
Plan be delegating scheduled audits to Financial, Operations and IT
auditors; providing knowledge of subject matter and associated
risks; overseeing the performance and timeliness of test work and
communications, and reviewing work papers for validity and support
of audit results.
- Assists in the development of audit objectives and testing
procedures of scheduled audits, and performance of risk analysis
for each financial, operational and information technology audit
assignment. Assists with data trending and analysis to identify
- Performs quality reviews of financial, operational and
information technology audits for completeness of audit objectives,
accuracy of audit testing, and appropriateness of conclusions
reached, as well as internal audit standards compliance.
- Assesses risks and effectively communicates them to leadership;
provides recommendations to mitigate the risks; and, incorporates
risks into the Internal Audit risk assessment.
- Assists in the oversight of the coordination of the external
- Ensures accuracy of audit monitoring data and produces
monitoring reports to analyze audit performance, audit timeliness,
and completeness of work papers. Assists in the preparation of
- Plans and leads complex internal audits related to financial,
operational or information technology activities, including the
performance of testing and reporting of results in written audit
reports. Performs external audit assistance for high risk areas and
- Researches and recommends best practices to strengthen the
internal audit activities. Assists with standardizing templates and
documentation, and adhering to Internal Audit Standards.
- Develops and provides oversight to the Internal Audit
financial, operational and information technology auditors;
provides technical expertise to all team members.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which
include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions,
staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes,
resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations,
and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and
controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) issued by a State Board of
- Internal Auditor (CIA) certification issued by The Institute of
Internal Auditors (IIA).Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in Public accounting
and/or Internal Audit.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors
Standards, the COSO framework and internal controls over financial
reporting as well information systems.
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task through planning,
coordinating, monitoring and performing audit related projects
assigned to self and the team.
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations to mitigate
risks and address internal control deficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present to
all levels within the System, as well as strong interpersonal
skills to address disagreements and misalignments of behavior.
- Ability to create audit objectives and procedures that address
risks and matters of concern.
- Ability to influence, drive change and effectively deliver
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well
as lead and direct team members.
- Experience in performing or providing external audit assistance
to an external auditing firm.
- Experience in utilizing an automated work paper system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including word, excel,
and power point.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Downers Grove , Manager Internal Audit, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!